cireza

Sound issues

08 Nov 2019, 23:17

Ok so I have been using the cartridge a bit this last day, even though I am not really fully satisfied of having paid the VAT twice.

Using an original MegaDrive 1 PAL, with a switch to change region/frequency. Always using the correct frequency (60Hz) with all my games. Using 2.00 bios for US/JP.

Night Trap (bin+cue): after 10 minutes of playing fine, I get CD Read Errors continuously and can't play anymore.

Popful Mail (iso+cue+wav): absolutely every spoken dialogue has sync issues, dialogue is cut/repeated/overlapped. It always starts perfectly good, then gets desync after one or two sentences.

Robo Aleste (img+cue): not too sure about it, but I get the feeling that some sound effects are missing. Also, the music did not play at the end of the level.

Did not try other games yet, but this is disappointing. I already tried creating a file .cfg for Popful Mail in which I wrote exactly this :
Flags=40

Did not solve the problem. Activating/Disabling seek time did not solve it either.

Todd
Admin

Re: Sound issues

08 Nov 2019, 23:40

sounds like bad dumps of these games.

We HIGHLY recommend redump iso sets.

cireza

09 Nov 2019, 09:19

Ok, I will give it a try.

I have also noticed that the cartridge PCB is pretty large and does not have a softer aspect, which means that this is bad for the connectors in the MegaDrive. Why did you not make if softer like the original cartridges ?

Edit : tried again with a redump bin+cue of Popful Mail and I have the same problem.
Maybe my SD card is not good ? It is a Kingston 8 GB SD HC 4, not fast enough ?

Todd
Admin

09 Nov 2019, 18:53

I would try a different sd card.

Return to “MegaSD Tech Support”