Todd
Admin

Terraonion Direct! Friday April 17th at 12pm EST / 4pm GMT

17 Apr 2020, 05:41

This years DIrect happen's tomorrow at 12pm EST / 4pm GMT.

We will be airing it live on Youtube using the Premiere function.

So if you haven't already subbed to our channel, now would be a good time to do that.

https://www.youtube.com/c/TerraonionSL
My PMs are disabled. Please send support requests to support(at)terraonion.com.

For real time assistance, please consider joining our very active Discord server: https://discord.gg/JexuJVW

Todd
Admin

Re: Terraonion Direct! Friday April 17th at 12pm EST / 4pm GMT

17 Apr 2020, 16:36

The new Direct premieres in just under 90 minutes.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=IVpnjd8 ... e=youtu.be
My PMs are disabled. Please send support requests to support(at)terraonion.com.

For real time assistance, please consider joining our very active Discord server: https://discord.gg/JexuJVW

Ronko

18 Apr 2020, 13:18

Dear Terraonion,

I have a question about the new MODE. I've been using a PAL Sega Saturn with a GDEMU Phoebe for a while now, but i'm think about buying the new MODE.
The cartridge slot on my Saturn is giving me a very hard time and i need it to play import even with the GDEMU. In the video you say the MODE is region free, does that mean i do not have to use an Action Replay via the Cartridge slot to play import on my Saturn? I really like your products, love my Mega SD!

Greets,

Ronko

zarradeth

18 Apr 2020, 23:54

Hi,

The announcement for MODE mentioned that games are region free- while I don't know how specifically you guys achieved this on Dreamcast it's generally done (for other devices/CDI rips) by modifying the IP.BIN file for a title to indicates it supports all regions. On Dreamcast another common modification to make to games is to change the IP.BIN to indicate a game supports VGA output (a '0' or '1' value located at 0x3D in the IP.BIN file); this allows you to play the game using the best form of video output a non-modified system supports. Not all games support VGA but many of them do even if they aren't marked as supporting it (and if their IP.BIN doesn't indicate it supports VGA the Dreamcast won't normally boot it if the system is using VGA output). Any chance the MODE could (or already does) auto-patch Dreamcast games so that they will boot when using VGA, even if they don't normally indicate support for it?

Given not all games actually work properly with VGA, it could also be worth making some kind of advanced option to enable this patching.

Mobiusstriptech

19 Apr 2020, 16:19

Ronko wrote:
18 Apr 2020, 13:18
Dear Terraonion,

I have a question about the new MODE. I've been using a PAL Sega Saturn with a GDEMU Phoebe for a while now, but i'm think about buying the new MODE.
The cartridge slot on my Saturn is giving me a very hard time and i need it to play import even with the GDEMU. In the video you say the MODE is region free, does that mean i do not have to use an Action Replay via the Cartridge slot to play import on my Saturn? I really like your products, love my Mega SD!

Greets,

Ronko
That is correct. No region free bios or action replay is necessary for out of region games on Saturn. However if you have an action replay or region free bios, everything will still work as normal.

Do not even ask

19 Apr 2020, 17:52

Will Ram carts still be needed for games like Final Fight Revenge and Pocket Fighter?

Mobiusstriptech

20 Apr 2020, 04:00

Yes. Mode does not simulate ram carts.

chrisw80

20 Apr 2020, 05:16

Bought 2 of these. I have been waiting for a Saturn ODE that I could actually purchase.

Segaheart99

20 Apr 2020, 11:33

First time poster big time question asker

Dreamcast questions

1.While you admitted it works with dchdmi you didn't state anything for in game reset using dchdmi i know for other odes a bit soldiering is required.

2.i know some ode interfere with dchdmi wireless signal does this

3.someone ask on youtube does it support Noctua fan mod

Sega Saturn Questions

1. For people with region free consoles does your modded console switch 50/60hz without the added 50/60hz mod needed

2. Is the memory save feature the same as the action replay.

Also is folder support coming? Also support the cd player audio wise?

thefred

20 Apr 2020, 19:04

Will it allow playing games with vga cables when the game doesn't normaly work with vga on the dreamcast?

Return to “News and Announcements”