Aokusa

Garbled image on boot

26 Dec 2018, 19:16

Hey there!

Just got an Omega for Christmas and bought myself a Neosd to go with it. However, I'm having issues with the cartridge not booting correctly. Here's the specs I have.

-Neosd MVS from Terraonion (not sure firmware, would assume it shipped with 1.06)
-Omega with Unibios 4.0
-Stock 3 prong power cable from device
-RGB SCART cable from Arcadeworks

I have switched the pcb so that the side with the arrow is lined up with the label (assuming that's correct?)

I emailed support and they're communicating too, but just in case anyone has seen this before and has insight to help others on the forum here.

I apologize for the image quality, didn't realize how blurry it was until after taking but you get the gist.

https://imgur.com/gallery/RjWPmJ0
(if I need to post the images differently just let me know, not sure the etiquette here).

Todd
Admin

Re: Garbled image on boot

26 Dec 2018, 21:12

Have you tested the Omega with any other cartridges?

Aokusa

Re: Garbled image on boot

26 Dec 2018, 21:31

Todd wrote:
26 Dec 2018, 21:12
Have you tested the Omega with any other cartridges?
I have, it works fine with a variety of my MVS carts I have (Metal Slug X, Puzzle Bobble, KOF 98), but with the neosd I just get that image, even after cleaning the contact pins.

EDIT:
I heard from the neo-geo forums that it might be a firmware issue but there is no firmware download located under the download sections where my serial is. Could I get that e-mailed to me with instructions on flashing the firmware please?

EDIT2:
Got the firmware, still experiencing the same issue. However, after re-reading the thread on neogeo forums, I found someone with a similar sounding issue I missed last time. The devs suggested it may be loose pins in the cartridge connector on the Omega itself. I do have access to a MVS cab (I own a 4 slot but its currently at my dad's house). I will check that out and see if it is able to play cartridge at all, ruling out the NeoSD itself. Just wanted to update in case anyone else has a similar issue and comes across this.

Thread link: http://www.neo-geo.com/forums/showthrea ... d-!/page32

Return to “NEOSD and NEOSD Pro MVS Tech Support”