necrobot20xx

Games and NeoSD crashing

20 Jun 2018, 12:54

I have an MVS MV-1 board with the metal guides in an original cabinet. So far the only game that doesn't crash immediately is Windjammers, though it still crashes. The NeoSD menu has even crashed while in Jukebox mode. I have the UniverseBios 4.0 and even switched it out for the original bios, which didn't fix the problem. The UniverseBios at least shows some info about what is going on when everything crashes. After a few crashes the graphics even got messed up on the NeoSD menu. I also have the option set to load the menu on start-up, but it always loads to the game. I also get a kind of static snow storm noise in the graphics sometimes. I took pictures and videos of everything to help out. I have gotten two different errors when the games crash as well. Here are the errors from the UniverseBios, along with the messed up graphics after a few crashes.

Here is an image of the crash with the original bios.

Here is a picture of my MV-1 board.

Now here a links to two videos of the noise in the graphics.

https://youtu.be/VMG1H44iO8g

https://youtu.be/vS6krCpf7KA

On another note that may be unrelated, but I want to mention all the details to make sure, I think there may be a problem with the electricity in the room my Neo Geo is in. Ever since we moved in this house there has been odd colors on the monitor which move to different spots when you move or rotate the cabinet. I also found out that tapping the side of the cabinet causes the discoloration to brighten and dim. I had finally bought a degaussing coil and it didn't fix the color problem. There is also some faint waves that move up on the monitor which distorts the image but is mostly only noticeable on static images, this also shows up on my CRT TV in the same room. The power strip I use in there says there is a ground fault on every outlet in the room. This problems with the TV and Neo Geo never happened before we moved in here. Here is a picture of the discoloration.

I know from reading on Stone Age Gamer that you need to use original power supplies because voltage could cause flash carts to not work properly. I feel that this info was important for that reason. I also know some people have had problems with the board I have and they were given a special firmware. Please help, I really want to get things working properly. Sorry for all the links, I couldn't figure out how to get the pictures to work.

neodev

Re: Games and NeoSD crashing

20 Jun 2018, 15:07

Please, send us an email with your serial number to contact at neosdstore dot com and we'll dend you a firmware that hopefully fixes it as soon as we can.

necrobot20xx

Re: Games and NeoSD crashing

21 Jun 2018, 12:21

neodev wrote:
20 Jun 2018, 15:07
Please, send us an email with your serial number to contact at neosdstore dot com and we'll dend you a firmware that hopefully fixes it as soon as we can.
I sent an email, just wanted to make sure you got it.

Return to “NEOSD and NEOSD Pro Discussion”