RazielAU

AES mode on MV-1B crashes

22 Sep 2019, 09:18

I've got my NeoSD and it mostly seems to work, but I can't seem to set it to AES mode as games just crash on startup when I do. I've tried this on several different games, all worked fine in MVS mode, and all died horribly in AES mode.

Regarding my setup, I'm running firmware 1.06 R10, and I've tried this on both of my MV-1B boards, both on stock firmware, and both exhibit the same issue. In the info for my NeoSD it lists:
PROG version: E7B8
CHA version: BDC4

Would appreciate a solution to the above.

Thanks.

RazielAU

Re: AES mode on MV-1B crashes

22 Sep 2019, 10:36

Okay, after trying a few other things, I'm convinced it's more an issue with the region rather than the AES/MVS mode. See, I noticed if I have region set to BIOS, suddenly it all works perfectly in AES mode. But try setting it to AES mode and any region other than BIOS -> crash on startup.

I then tried switching back to plain MVS mode and tried toggling the regions, only to find that the region setting doesn't do anything. So I'm wondering if there is a compatibility issue between the NeoSD firmware and the Asia region BIOS of the MV-1B. On that note my bios is: ASIA /S3 Ver. 6.

On another note, I've also discovered that the Jukebox functionality doesn't work, I can see the names of tracks as downloaded, and when I press A I can see a play icon at the end of the song name, but nothing plays :(.

Based on what I've seen, I don't think there's anything wrong with my NeoSD, but it does seem to have some issues with my two MV-1B's.

RazielAU

29 Sep 2019, 09:11

Does anyone from Terraonion's tech team actually monitor these forums? There's no way I can see to contact any sort of support other than this forum and that doesn't seem to be going very well.

neodev

29 Sep 2019, 13:28

That looks like a bios incompatibility with the region change. You can also try changing the region, and then clearing the mvs backup ram, and removing the .bup files from the sdcard BUP folder

RazielAU

04 Oct 2019, 11:12

Yeah I suspect so as well regarding bios compatibility, it just isn't ideal though as I really wanted to take advantage of region switching (which would then allow me to avoid having to get a unibios). So I really hope this can be updated.

As for the Jukebox, I figured that one out... seems to be a weird firmware bug. If you have the option enabled to mute menu sounds, it also mutes the Jukebox, which is just silly. Unless I'm the only one that has run into this, in which case it could also be a bios issue...

Return to “NEOSD and NEOSD Pro Discussion”