necrobot20xx

Re: Illegal instructions for many games

17 Jun 2018, 14:41

neodev wrote:
16 Jun 2018, 23:53
No, just 2 users had some issue. If it's working ok, there is no need to update.
Ok, I spent all night sorting roms and getting my cabinet and monitor warmed up and finally used my degaussing coil to try to fix a problem on it. I loaded up Windjammers while I was adjusting stuff and it came up with an error that said this could be because of dirty contacts or something so I cleaned everything just to make sure. After I reinserted the cartridge things were fine. Then I went to Metal Slug to check my brightness and contrast and stuff (since I know that game so well) and it got the error many times as did Metal Slug 5. The degaussing coil didn't fix the discoloration in my monitor which changes if I spin the cabinet around. This problem popped up when we first moved into our new house. I believe the wiring in that room is messed up and potentially is what is messing with the monitor, but I'm no expert. Could a voltage problem be messing with the NeoSD? I have the newest 4.0 Unibios, the big MV-1 board with the metal guides, so I don't know if it's that causing a problem like it is for some people instead. On the main NeoSD menu, sometimes it looked like there was static or snow interference while it was just sitting there. I hope I didn't ramble too long, I just wanted you to have all the info necessary to help me. Mostly with the NeoSD of course, but if you have any idea what's up with the monitor that'd be great too.

Spycee

17 Jun 2018, 17:23

I think it's a diffrerent issue than mine, could you start another thread to not mix problems together ? Thanks
necrobot20xx wrote:
17 Jun 2018, 14:41
neodev wrote:
16 Jun 2018, 23:53
No, just 2 users had some issue. If it's working ok, there is no need to update.
Ok, I spent all night sorting roms and getting my cabinet and monitor warmed up and finally used my degaussing coil to try to fix a problem on it. I loaded up Windjammers while I was adjusting stuff and it came up with an error that said this could be because of dirty contacts or something so I cleaned everything just to make sure. After I reinserted the cartridge things were fine. Then I went to Metal Slug to check my brightness and contrast and stuff (since I know that game so well) and it got the error many times as did Metal Slug 5. The degaussing coil didn't fix the discoloration in my monitor which changes if I spin the cabinet around. This problem popped up when we first moved into our new house. I believe the wiring in that room is messed up and potentially is what is messing with the monitor, but I'm no expert. Could a voltage problem be messing with the NeoSD? I have the newest 4.0 Unibios, the big MV-1 board with the metal guides, so I don't know if it's that causing a problem like it is for some people instead. On the main NeoSD menu, sometimes it looked like there was static or snow interference while it was just sitting there. I hope I didn't ramble too long, I just wanted you to have all the info necessary to help me. Mostly with the NeoSD of course, but if you have any idea what's up with the monitor that'd be great too.

Spycee

21 Jun 2018, 18:14

neodev, did you try to send me an updated firmware ? I didn't receive anything.

neodev

22 Jun 2018, 18:20

I haven't sent it yet. I've been away from home this week. I'll try to send it on Monday when I'm back.

neodev

26 Jun 2018, 19:03

I can't find the emails, maybe due to the server changes, so please, Spycee and necrobot20xx send your serial number to the new address: support at terraonion dot com and I'll send the firmware.

Spycee

17 Jul 2018, 12:49

Did you get my email ? I didn't receive anything.

Also, I installed Unibios 4.0 and the problem. Is still there. Impossible to play Neo Turf Master. Even if inlet it on the demo screen the problem happens after a couple of minutes.

neodev

17 Jul 2018, 14:50

Sorry, I haven't received any email from you. just the forums message. Please, send an email to the address above, because I can't attach files here.

GadgetUK164

16 Aug 2018, 00:39

I have a 1F in my collection now, I will test on mine to see if I get any issues and report back.

Spycee

29 Aug 2018, 15:54

I just sent the email again with my serial number.

Return to “NEOSD and NEOSD Pro MVS Tech Support”