terraonion_admin
Site Admin

What you guys want us to build for the next projects ?

13 Apr 2018, 20:12

Hello everyone,

We have defined the roadmap (products wise) for this year.

There are some really cool things coming on the following months (without RGB output ...), some already anounced like neosd pro (MVS and AES), and others not anounced.

I think its a great moment to listen everyone out there about what you guys would want us to build, so feel free to shoot any (crazy) idea here.

Lets stay to be out of drama here please, just focus on what its worth, we have other sections for site sugestions, issues and so.

Thanks

elevengames

Re: What you guys want us to build for the next projects ?

13 Apr 2018, 20:27

Would love to see more optical drive emulators for systems such as Sega CD, Saturn, PlayStation, and Dreamcast.

With the SCD, SAT, and PS1 - disc-rot will eventually become an issue and having these games playable via SD card would be great from a game preservation standpoint.

For the Dreamcast, finding replacement GD-ROM drives and working systems will continue to become more difficult. Having a way to continue to use the system after wear-and-tear take effect would be amazing.

blackwaterpark

13 Apr 2018, 20:32

First of all, thank you so much for all the work you have put into creating and supporting your products! I had the NeoSD previously and got my SSDS3 last week and they are absolutely brilliant.

I really look forward to see what you will announce in the future. If I could wish for something it would absolutely be an ODE for the Genesis/Mega Drive since those have a quite high fail rate these days and I would also guess that there are quite a few other potential customers that would be interested in that, or is it just me? :)

opt2not

13 Apr 2018, 20:51

1. Neo Geo Pocket Color RGB out board so we can connect it to a TV or upscaler for LCD's. A more available and affordable K2_VIDEO.

2. Or a Neo Geo Pocket Color FPGA based consolized system, w/ the proper A/V and controller ports.

Kidpanda

13 Apr 2018, 21:07

Cps1 fpga solution for the A boards that are dying.
Yea sure, no.

donluca

13 Apr 2018, 21:23

Kidpanda wrote:
13 Apr 2018, 21:07
Cps1 fpga solution for the A boards that are dying.
I'll echo this one.

I wrote another post on ng.com before, but I'll just say it again here so it will be easier for you to track.

Personally, I'd want a CPS1 multi because so far there are none available and the only one which as been made (by aje_fr) isn't made anymore.

There's a 13 page thread on DS forums of people asking for one, so yeah, there's definitely interest.

Also, it would *awesome* to have also an A board replacement since those seem to die out of nowhere and the cause has yet to be determined.

But please, should you go for this route, keep the two boards separate: CPS1 multi Rom board and FPGA motherboard replacement. I'm one of those lucky ones which have a working short, 12mhz A-Board and I'd just need the Multi.

RevQuixo

13 Apr 2018, 21:29

Console side: Sega CD ODE

Arcade side: Super CPS2 SD

NooNaN

14 Apr 2018, 02:04

I guess it depends if you want to compete with existing products in an effort to make them better, or to hit the market with something not yet out there.

I'd say that the Dreamcast, Saturn, PSX and 3DO are pretty well taken care of at this point. There's always something to improve, but those solutions work very well currently.

Console-wise, Sega CD would be awesome. All of the Gen1s and Gen2s I believe have the same expansion port connector, so that might limit issues. Plus, the system natively supports RGB out. :) Another would be Neo Geo CD. The library isn't huge and the games are easily burnable, but still would be great to have. The console revisions, both the physical differences and the CDX's greater read speeds, might make this difficult to make a single solution for though.

Most of the other stuff, for me, that would be interesting have to do with things like RGB, so there are limited ODEs left to tackle.

FriendofSonic

14 Apr 2018, 02:11

Tons of good ideas in here but I echo Sega CD purely for new ODE territory but if you did Saturn, that'd be big since the current product is near impossible to get ahold of. Dreamcast probably sell well too even though there's two products out there currently

Return to “Arcade and Retro Gaming”