Steven

Nomad battery pack stuck on system

05 Jan 2020, 14:36

I just got my Nomad today and the battery pack is stuck on it. I can pound on it with my fist and it doesn't move at all. Anyone ever encountered this and fixed it? I don't want to damage the Nomad or the battery pack.

yoshi41

Re: Nomad battery pack stuck on system

05 Jan 2020, 21:06

It sits very tight. Just push it upwards. And maybe push it down (to the handheld) at the same time. At least it helps when you attach it. I just always use enough force to remove it. It doesn‘t break.

Steven

06 Jan 2020, 02:53

I tried that before and I tried it again now with most of my strength. It didn't move at all.

Edit: I just smashed it with my fist a few times just now and it finally fell off. Now I have to go pick up a ton of batteries that flew everywhere, but it looks like it didn't break. Thanks, though.

Edit 2: I put it back on and now it's stuck on there again. At least it works, but this is annoying.

Mobiusstriptech

07 Jan 2020, 16:23

If you take the top cover off of the battery pack, you can lightly lift the latch that hold the bottom half on the nomad.

Steven

08 Jan 2020, 14:34

My nails aren't long enough, and I seem to have fixed it anyway by beating the crap out of it with my fist. I contacted the seller, and apparently the battery pack had constantly remained attached since 1996 (serial number indicates a 1996 production date) or so. It attaches and detaches the way it's supposed to now. I was worried about having to send it in to you for the mods I mentioned in the email the other day with it stuck on, but it seems I won't have to worry about that now.

I did notice before I tried to remove it that there are cracks on all of the little hook things that hold it in place. The cracks do go all the way through and are visible on the other side, but they didn't get any worse from the force I had to use to get the damn thing off. In fact, aside from those cracks and a few scratches on the screen, the Nomad is basically in mint condition somehow. Its previous 2 owners took excellent care of it.

Return to “Arcade and Retro Gaming”