Todd
Admin

Re: When its back in stock again ?

15 Nov 2019, 15:21

If we had an official date, we would give it to you.

All signs point to in the next week or two.

subcon959

17 Nov 2019, 13:28

Todd wrote:

That wasn't directed at you Todd, it's just that someone somewhere must know what the expected date is so it's frustrating they don't pass on that information to the forum staff. I get it though, it would cause more issues if the date came and went due to unexpected delays.

Next week would be great though. I just hope it's not too much closer to Christmas because.. well priorities meh.

EDIT: What would be great is if there was a way to sign up for an email when it's in stock. It's a pretty standard thing so I imagine could be added to the site easily?

schmosef

19 Nov 2019, 17:10

Todd wrote:

I just wish the PCE/TG16 was this popular in the early 90s!

I had a few Asian friends who owned PCEs but I'm pretty sure I was the only kid in my high school with a TG16.

subcon959

19 Nov 2019, 19:04

schmosef wrote:
19 Nov 2019, 17:10
I just wish the PCE/TG16 was this popular in the early 90s!

I had a few Asian friends who owned PCEs but I'm pretty sure I was the only kid in my high school with a TG16.
It was never released in the UK so hardly anyone had them due to stupidly high import prices compared to the megadrive which was everywhere.

Steven

20 Nov 2019, 04:29

You'd be surprised. The PC Engine did get a release in the UK, but it was called Turbografx. Not Turbografx-16 like we got in the USA, just Turbografx. They are very rare, though.

subcon959

22 Nov 2019, 11:00

Steven wrote:
20 Nov 2019, 04:29
You'd be surprised. The PC Engine did get a release in the UK, but it was called Turbografx. Not Turbografx-16 like we got in the USA, just Turbografx. They are very rare, though.
Lol, you know I totally forgot about that even though I have one of those on a shelf somewhere. It was a very weird console because it only ran US games but at PAL 50Hz so everything was in slow motion. I ended up modding it to 60Hz cos it was unbearable.

Steven

22 Nov 2019, 14:03

Yeah, then you have those weird French PC Engines that ran Japanese games and all had semi-official RGB mods or whatever. Honestly Japanese PC Engines are the best ones to get, I think. You barely need Japanese at all for HuCARD games and CD games are region free. They are getting expensive here, though. Cheapest one I found was the CoreGrafx that I bought for 14,800 yen 2 months ago, although you can find them much cheaper online if you can read Japanese and don't mind buying one that may or may not be broken and the owner doesn't have any games to test it with. Saw a PC Engine LT for 30,000 yen a few weeks ago, for example. If I hadn't spent about the same amount of cash seeing BUMP OF CHICKEN on the 4th I would have bought it.

Also, if it makes you guys feel any better, I found an SSDS3 here in Tokyo in BEEP about a month ago, so I know that they do apparently exist in the real world. The guy told me they didn't have a price for it yet so I couldn't buy it and I don't know what revision it is. I imagine they got it some time ago, though, and it's probably been sold. They also had a PC Engine LT and a Linguaphone Education Gear, too. The Education Gear is not for sale and the PC Engine LT was quite expensive, but I forgot how much it was.

Edit: Anyway, yeah, it looks like they will be back in stock soon (and with a blue PCB this time) from what I've seen looking around on the internet. That will be nice, especially since I've had a PC Engine sitting on my desk for the past few months with no way to use it. Hopefully it doesn't sell out instantly.

ArinoCX

25 Nov 2019, 00:17

Is it possible to get a notification email or something to advise when the SSDS3 is available to order?

I will be seriously gutted if it sells out and I miss it!!

Hastor

25 Nov 2019, 01:16

I'd also love to be notified. At the very least, whoever notices it first should post in this thread so those of us with email notifications here will know. If it's up for order and no one has mentioned it here, please post to let us know and trigger an email, and I'll do the same if I notice first.

I'd still love an official list to be notified, but doesn't look like that will happen so let's let each other know!

schmosef

25 Nov 2019, 02:46

Agreed!

If there's a list, please add me or let us know how we can add ourselves.

Otherwise, let's all agree to post here, when we see that it's available for order.

Return to “Super SD System 3 General Discussion”