erym

Re: New Board Revision with FBX & FU-RGB Fixes?

16 Feb 2019, 21:10

As a representative of customers who purchased an SSDS3 with A/V noise, I would ask Terraonion to consider offering newest-revision boards for sale without the case, manual or packaging material.

XtraSmiley

17 Feb 2019, 00:27

Todd,

Is there a way to mark the box and plastic of the Rev 3 going forward so that in the future, on the used market one will be able to easily tell which version it is?

Also, thanks for the update. I think, regardless of what has happened in the past, giving clear, timely updates is important for this company.

Also, the product is awesome, regardless of some RGB flaws. We all want perfection, but just two years ago, we didn't have the ability to play the PCE library in this manner on real hardware, so that still rocks.

Looking forward to what TO puts out next.

Todd
Admin

17 Feb 2019, 00:44

XtraSmiley wrote:
17 Feb 2019, 00:27
Todd,

Is there a way to mark the box and plastic of the Rev 3 going forward so that in the future, on the used market one will be able to easily tell which version it is?

Also, thanks for the update. I think, regardless of what has happened in the past, giving clear, timely updates is important for this company.

Also, the product is awesome, regardless of some RGB flaws. We all want perfection, but just two years ago, we didn't have the ability to play the PCE library in this manner on real hardware, so that still rocks.

Looking forward to what TO puts out next.

The new revised pcbs have the letter B in the lower right hand corner to signify it’s a new version.

I can talk to Alex about maybe incorporating a sticker on the box to indicate it’s revision. However we have already shipped about 100 of the new revised units.

c0nn0r

18 Feb 2019, 03:35

Todd wrote:
16 Feb 2019, 17:36
Badtaste wrote:
16 Feb 2019, 17:06
So, if I buy one right now, will I get the revision with fixes? (If not, I can wait patiently to get the updated revision)

Thank you
Yes. The ones currently for sale in our shop are the revised boards with the audio and video fixes.
Hey Todd, thanks for filling in the blanks for us. I'm quite excited to buy my SSD3, but will not be pulling ht trigger until my birthday in April. I see that the purchase page for the SSD3 says "last items in stock". Will I be out of luck if I order later in April?

Todd
Admin

18 Feb 2019, 04:12

c0nn0r wrote:
18 Feb 2019, 03:35
Todd wrote:
Badtaste wrote:
So, if I buy one right now, will I get the revision with fixes? (If not, I can wait patiently to get the updated revision)

Thank you
Yes. The ones currently for sale in our shop are the revised boards with the audio and video fixes.
Hey Todd, thanks for filling in the blanks for us. I'm quite excited to buy my SSD3, but will not be pulling ht trigger until my birthday in April. I see that the purchase page for the SSD3 says "last items in stock". Will I be out of luck if I order later in April?
These will be regularly stocked from here on out. There is always a chance we will be sold out before another batch get manufactured, however they will be available so long as there is interest.

The “last items in stock” is a bug in the shopping cart system. Ignore it.

jcoelho

18 Feb 2019, 12:17

Todd wrote:
Badtaste wrote:

Thank you

Sweet! Just ordered one, have been waiting patiently for this fixes, don't like the idea of a heavily modded board. Thanks to Mobiusstriptech, FBX and the TO team for making it happen after all the issues! Now the SSDS3 definitely has the potential to become the ultimate solution for the PC-Engine/TG16 family of consoles.

PadPoet

27 Feb 2019, 18:14

I've asked this two times on Twitter but nobody has replied so asking here again:

I bought the SSDS3 Revision 2 and I would like to exchange it for the latest revision which takes care of everything apparently, especially the audio noise. I haven't really used the unit, only plugged it in once.

Can I return it? I bought it directly from the Terraonion website so my info should be with you guys.

Thanks,

PP

Mobiusstriptech

27 Feb 2019, 23:59

I don't work for TerraOnion but I'm pretty sure there is a no return policy.

KJonline

06 Apr 2019, 23:47

Hello! IM NEW to this forum, so please go easy lol!

I purchased the SUPER SD SYSTEM 3 from STONEAGE GAMER on MARCH 25th 2019! (Stock Firmware Version 01.02.R05, FPGA c498)

the reason i waited is because i read online that there was going to be a NEW BOARD REVISION to fix the AUDIO and VIDEO issues with the SSD3 SYSTEM. also, STOANEAGE GAMER also said that the NEW STOCK would be the new BOARD REVISION!

Anyways, i recently been testing it for few days on my SONY TRINITRON CRT using HD RETROVISION COMPONENT, and i still noticed slight JAILBARS and a slight buzzing in the audio background when music isnt playing. :(

my questions are....
1. How do i check to see if i got the NEWEST BOARD REVISION?
i have Stock Firmware Version 01.02.R05, FPGA c498
perhaps, stonagegamer sent me an OLD stock by mistake.

2. maybe im mistaken, and the audio buzzing is normal (Ive heard similar noise on my PC ENGINE DUO-R using a mobius strip tech HD retrovision adapter), or
perhaps the new revision board was intended to simply IMPROVE the issues rather than fix them completely. is that the case here?

...sorry for the questions. im new to all of this, so please educate me lol. I love the product though along with my NEO SD. :)

jcoelho

07 Apr 2019, 01:47

KJonline wrote:
06 Apr 2019, 23:47
Hello! IM NEW to this forum, so please go easy lol!

I purchased the SUPER SD SYSTEM 3 from STONEAGE GAMER on MARCH 25th 2019! (Stock Firmware Version 01.02.R05, FPGA c498)

the reason i waited is because i read online that there was going to be a NEW BOARD REVISION to fix the AUDIO and VIDEO issues with the SSD3 SYSTEM. also, STOANEAGE GAMER also said that the NEW STOCK would be the new BOARD REVISION!

Anyways, i recently been testing it for few days on my SONY TRINITRON CRT using HD RETROVISION COMPONENT, and i still noticed slight JAILBARS and a slight buzzing in the audio background when music isnt playing. :(

my questions are....
1. How do i check to see if i got the NEWEST BOARD REVISION?
i have Stock Firmware Version 01.02.R05, FPGA c498
perhaps, stonagegamer sent me an OLD stock by mistake.

2. maybe im mistaken, and the audio buzzing is normal (Ive heard similar noise on my PC ENGINE DUO-R using a mobius strip tech HD retrovision adapter), or
perhaps the new revision board was intended to simply IMPROVE the issues rather than fix them completely. is that the case here?

...sorry for the questions. im new to all of this, so please educate me lol. I love the product though along with my NEO SD. :)
Hi KJonline,

The jailbars are not necessarily SSDS3's fault. Jailbars are a common issue on PC engine/Coregrafx/TG16 video output, have a look at this (Fixing it would rewuire you to replace a couple of SMD capacitors): https://etim.net.au/av-driver/pcebars/

On the other side, to check if you got the new revision you'll need to open your SSDS3 and look for a "B" on the bottom-right corner, like this:

Hope this helps.

Return to “Super SD System 3 General Discussion”