Actually, I created not one, but two fonts - each with somewhat different look - but both with one similar goal; ultra readability!
Here they are!
1. Original font - I couldn't find all the characters in an example image I found, that is why there are gray boxes
2. Max readability - somewhat boring but classic look
3. Stylish - easy to read with a bit of pizzazz to it
My fonts fixes the following:
- Thinner font, letters like M, W and Y look more uniform
- Coherent upper case style - compare the N and M letters.
- Less "blockyness", less risk of misreading characters like S and 5, A and R, G and 6, Z and 2.
- Numbers are thinner than letters
- High readability on CRT screens
- Improved positioning within chars
- Thinner underscore ( _ )
- Support for japanese romaji Hepburn style characters; ou = ō and uu = ū
- Lower case font for future use
- A bunch of misc extra chars - if any are missing, let me know!
Suggestion; trim the selection bar a bit too so it won't obfuscate the text above and below. See my examples below!
So, how do they look when used? Here are some examples:
^ This last example uses the japanese characters as well
I hope you guys like it, and as I mentioned in the title, this font is absolutely free to use. I made it because I really love this amazing device and I want to see it improved even more!
Here is the raw font without background or scaling: