We have been working on a new firmware release to address the bugs people have found. At the same time we keep investigating the audio noise issue.
These are the fixes and features that have been included so far:
- [FIX] World Heroes 2 music now restarts each round (probably other games with same issue are fixed too)
- [FIX] Tengai Makyou - Ziria Hibaihin is now playable and doesn't show corrupted tiles
- [FIX] Adjusted the CD read speed for Gulliver Boy so video doesn't show glitches now
- [FIX] Improved Backup ram write/ SD read contention so it doesn't cause crashes.
- [FIX] Selecting the CDROM tab entering and exiting options now keeps the CDROM tab selected.
- [FIX] Solved random noise when switching tabs if user has a games.db and certain directory structure.
- [FIX] Fatal Fury 2 locking up randomly during fights
- [FIX] Sherlock Holmes video glitches (and probably some other games too)
- [FIX] Improve in game trigger in some games that were not recognizing the button presses
- [FIX] Fix cue sheet INDEX 00 entries processing
- [FEATURE] A previous backup file (.bup.bak) is created when saving new .bup file. On startup, if the .bup file doesn't exist or is 0 bytes, the .bup.bak file will be read.
- [FEATURE] Ability to adjust the CD block volume. Adjusting the volume will reduce the audio distortion in games with high volume level.
- [FEATURE] HuCard dumper and checker.
Now working on:
- Improve CUE parsing for some Trurip dumps.
- Magical Fantasy Adventure - Popful Mail broken cutscenes.
- Sherlock holmes audio/video desync (not too high prio)
- Glitches on arcade card that a couple of users have reported
I'll keep editing this post with progress.
Also at some time, we'll ask for the users that reported or tested the issues for their cart serials to send the firmware in advance and ensure it's all fixed before releasing it to the public.