Seren18

Re: Reboots and glitches on PCE roms (game tested Pc Genjin)

05 May 2018, 18:17

archimage wrote:
04 May 2018, 17:31
I don't understand what you mean by nitpicking and user error at 99%.

The topic aims a problem that makes a device unusable to me and other users.

If you read again you will find I tried 4 different consoles, lot of different sd card brands and format types, romsets and power supplies. I have not managed to finish more than a game level since I have received it we are talking about a problem I am trying to fix months ago.

Please keep this constructive and propose something that has not been tested in the topic to fix the problem we are trying to solve.
I was referring to the other guy saying MicroSD implementation being a possible cause of issues, which I did not agree with . Most of the time, issues are user side and not the software/hardware at fault (not just talking PCE) but in general, which is why I mentioned that and I did read the 1st page of the thread.

However, here is my result:

SSSD3 V2 (C60 cap not reversed)

Packapunch MD2 RGB CSYNC Scart (Retrogamingcables - UK)

Hardware: Core Grafx I (Stock, no mods and original capacitors)

SD card : Sandisk 128gb Ultra/ Exfat

PSU : Retro game supply PSU, + Original PSU with a step down UK 230/100V

In-game trigger disabled

PC Genjin 1 and Soldier Blade

No crashes, glitches on demo loop after an hour soak test on both. Gameplay tested about 25 mins on each title also.

archimage

Re: Reboots and glitches on PCE roms (game tested Pc Genjin)

05 May 2018, 22:38

I think it's a problem related to a bunch of units which has not been enough tested after production.

Thanks for your output dudes.

I hope we will be taken in consideration, and get these bad units replaced soon.

This should be taken care on both V1 and V2

archimage

Re: Reboots and glitches on every game

17 May 2018, 04:33

Well, I have changed the topic's name.

I tried to give a shot to Super CDROM games, same problem.

This is Castlevania after 15 minutes playing

Todd
Admin

17 May 2018, 04:56

That's really odd. I played all the way through Castlevania on my unit without seeing anything like that.
My PMs are disabled. Please send support requests to support(at)terraonion.com.

For real time assistance, please consider joining our very active Discord server: https://discord.gg/JexuJVW

archimage

17 May 2018, 05:27

Yes indeed, the unit is faulty since my first test on december...

I mailed this very early, no one wanted to believe it's defective. Everytime I was told my pc engine has problems etc, maybe bent pins etc.

When I tried everyting possible I was told wait like the others it will be replaced, a matter of weeks.

I have spent a lot of money during 6 months trying different pc engine models, psus, high quality cables, and any kind of hardware to make it work, pretty useless now because it was not my hardware's fault. It's Terraonion's manufacturing process which is the cause.

Since I started gaming I have never had to deal half a year with a product that doesn't work and still not fixed or replaced however I tried everything to troubleshoot it.

I have to admit I begin to get sick of these screens, it's getting more and more frustrating and see it's still ignored like a secondary problem.

Todd
Admin

17 May 2018, 15:03

archimage wrote:
17 May 2018, 05:27
Yes indeed, the unit is faulty since my first test on december...

I mailed this very early, no one wanted to believe it's defective. Everytime I was told my pc engine has problems etc, maybe bent pins etc.

When I tried everyting possible I was told wait like the others it will be replaced, a matter of weeks.

I have spent a lot of money during 6 months trying different pc engine models, psus, high quality cables, and any kind of hardware to make it work, pretty useless now because it was not my hardware's fault. It's Terraonion's manufacturing process which is the cause.

Since I started gaming I have never had to deal half a year with a product that doesn't work and still not fixed or replaced however I tried everything to troubleshoot it.

I have to admit I begin to get sick of these screens, it's getting more and more frustrating and see it's still ignored like a secondary problem.
6 months? December?

The earliest units were shipped in late January.

Alex should be starting the v1 replacement program any day now.
My PMs are disabled. Please send support requests to support(at)terraonion.com.

For real time assistance, please consider joining our very active Discord server: https://discord.gg/JexuJVW

archimage

18 May 2018, 19:43

I can't remember the exact shipping date, I ordered on december, I have just checked you are right, it was late january that I contacted Terraonion for my problem.

Yes he told it would be monday/tuesday, but I can't find the post or any mail about it...

Return to “Super SD System 3 Discussion”