Ashrion

Re: Reboots and glitches on PCE roms (game tested Pc Genjin)

03 May 2018, 19:19

A microsd can work well for systems where games occupy ridiculous spaces, when we are using 300-400-500-600 mb, real mb is simply absurd and a big mistake to use them, but it is the easiest and most comfortable.
By construction and design, all the microsd is the worst system ever created to store data, saving data in a tablet or mobile will have problems after a long time, here with constant reading, no matter how much shit you have, you will not be long in having corrupt cells and games that will work badly from one day to the next.
The solution was so simple to use compac flash-sd normal, even standard sd connector, since all micro shit carry sd adapter, which would be as reliable and durable as it exists, but cheap, bad, simple and easy, always easy It comes first, then when problems come we do not know why they are.

Milsancho

03 May 2018, 22:01

I agree that the micro sd solution is likely the worst of all the available options these days and that experts advise against using it if possible, but I don't think my issues have to do with that for now since I'm using a brand new Sandisc Ultra as suggested by TO themselves.

So, if possible, can more people with a v. 2 device check if Dragon Saber, Genpei Toumaden, Wonder Momo or Super Darius (CD game) freeze after several minutes in demo mode, please? (Extensive testing with PC Genjin, Makyou Densetsu, Download or Kick Ball would be more than welcome, though I'm aware that'd be too much to ask.) Thanks.

GadgetUK164

04 May 2018, 00:32

In relation to PAGE 1 comments.

I wonder if there's a fault with your unit or something. I've not seen anything like that at all (with those games). I did notice a really minor gfx glitch on Art of Fighting tonight on the SSDS3 - just on the intro, like 1 frame of animation at the end of a characters attack just didn't look correct, but it was 1 frame and really quick - too hard to photo. Might try and film it tomorrow.

I've not checked the games mention on page 3 here. I will do tomorrow!

archimage

04 May 2018, 01:17

what do you mean by unit ? console or ssds3 ?

Seren18

04 May 2018, 16:04

MicroSD has jack shit to do with any of the software issues and people need to stop nick picking at the slightest thing. Part of the Everdrive range use MicroSD and there are no problems.

Yes, there are some issues with sssd3 (fixable with new firmware updates), yet 99% of the time it's user error, fake cards, bad formatting or using crap sources of files.

archimage

04 May 2018, 17:31

I don't understand what you mean by nitpicking and user error at 99%.

The topic aims a problem that makes a device unusable to me and other users.

If you read again you will find I tried 4 different consoles, lot of different sd card brands and format types, romsets and power supplies. I have not managed to finish more than a game level since I have received it we are talking about a problem I am trying to fix months ago.

Please keep this constructive and propose something that has not been tested in the topic to fix the problem we are trying to solve.

Milsancho

04 May 2018, 18:05

Image Image

"Slightest thing", did he say?

Also, this thread is (mainly) about cartridge games. Mentioning "crap sources of files" as the cause for the issues here goes nowhere since it's much harder to get bad/corrupted roms for those than verified/working ones, not to mention if we're talking about half a dozen games or more.

I want to believe it's my fault or my (v. 2) unit's fault (that's why I'm asking) but at the same time, I'm wondering if extensive tests with cartridge games have ever been made, since everybody's attention is going to the CD titles for now, I guess.

archimage

04 May 2018, 18:15

Today I tried to play castlevania I just had a reboot while playing.

So the problem is definitely not only related to hucard games but happens more often with them.

Pete2014

05 May 2018, 17:06

I was curious about this, I put Pc Genjin on and left it running for well over an hour, basically looping the demo and occasionally playing it, no problems. I will try some CD games next. Using Core Grafx 2 with SSDS3 V2 and Toshiba 32G card.

Todd
Admin

05 May 2018, 17:32

Tonight I’ll do the same looping demos with my v2 unit and the mentioned games and report back.
My PMs are disabled. Please send support requests to support(at)terraonion.com.

For real time assistance, please consider joining our very active Discord server: https://discord.gg/JexuJVW

Return to “Super SD System 3 Discussion”