Syn

Re: Super SD System 3 Audio Buzzing

05 May 2018, 05:41

It's been longer than a week, lol.

There is a vast army of engineers looking into it as we speak.

Seriously, it's a small team doing their best. It's not the big three releasing updates daily.

When you buy a new product from a young company, you have to be prepared for delays. The NeoSD being a cart only had less variables to factor in so there were few issues.

Please give them some more time. How much more will be needed and progress they've made hasn't been posted.

fay

21 May 2018, 10:49

maybe you talk about it ? https://youtu.be/eobSyLQc-_M

it's "normal" the problem is the HuC6280 himself.

Endprodukt

21 May 2018, 10:59

fay wrote:
21 May 2018, 10:49
maybe you talk about it ? https://youtu.be/eobSyLQc-_M

it's "normal" the problem is the HuC6280 himself.
That's definately a bad shielded cable. Neither of my PCE's sound like that with proper shielded cables. The only situation I have a little bit of buzz is loading times of the Everdrive.

Gara

30 May 2018, 18:29

Any updates on progress? I'm disappointed that audio and video problems are not priority one before selling more possibly defective units.

If you can't fix them there should be a disclaimer on every purchase that the optical disc emulation is not 100% accurate. The ssds3 introduces video and audio noise not present in original hardware.

You don't need to be Microsoft to get regular updates and fixes out. If anything staying in touch with a much smaller community should be easier.

trenton_net

30 May 2018, 22:44

Just to affirm what others have said, my setup has proper shielding and doesn't produce any excessive buzzing noise. The only legitimate issue here is a very slight interference sound you get when reading data from the SD card slot, but unless your looking for it, you'll be hard pressed to notice it. Especially under regular game play conditions where even a little bit of audio drowns it out.

SavagePencil

31 May 2018, 01:33

trenton_net wrote:
30 May 2018, 22:44
Just to affirm what others have said, my setup has proper shielding and doesn't produce any excessive buzzing noise. The only legitimate issue here is a very slight interference sound you get when reading data from the SD card slot, but unless your looking for it, you'll be hard pressed to notice it. Especially under regular game play conditions where even a little bit of audio drowns it out.
I'm glad to hear it isn't very noticeable on your system. It is very noticeable on my system. I can hot swap between the SSDS3 cable and the AV port and hear a distinct jump in low-level buzz, and the SD access sound is very audible.

Gamepimp

05 Jun 2018, 17:07

This issue appears to be console specific. I've tried the SSD3 on three different devices (original PC engine, TG-16, and Super Grafx). The buzz is hardly noticeable on the SG, but is very prevalent on the other two. Needless to say, the SG will be my primary machine for playing games on the SSD3. Unfortunately, most people don't have the option of choosing between consoles. FWIW I'm using a shielded cable built by Retro Console Accessories and I run the audio thru a Denon receiver.

Mobiusstriptech

05 Jun 2018, 17:25

SavagePencil has a SuperGrafx and the audio buzz is extremely noticeable for him. The fact of the matter is we know it's the device. Not sure why people keep trying to debate that.

Todd
Admin

05 Jun 2018, 17:41

Mobiusstriptech wrote:
SavagePencil has a SuperGrafx and the audio buzz is extremely noticeable for him. The fact of the matter is we know it's the device. Not sure why people keep trying to debate that.
So you are completely dismissing this individuals report?
My PMs are disabled. Please send support requests to support(at)terraonion.com.

For real time assistance, please consider joining our very active Discord server: https://discord.gg/JexuJVW

Mobiusstriptech

05 Jun 2018, 17:46

Todd wrote:
05 Jun 2018, 17:41
Mobiusstriptech wrote:
So you are completely dismissing this individuals report?
No. I am stating that we know the issue is in the device. He said he hears it on 2 out of his 3 devices. SavagePencil has said he hears it on his SuperGrafx.

So my statement is not dismissing his report. Just stating that regardless of console family, the issue can still come up. Since you work for the team now, any update on the findings?

Return to “Super SD System 3 Discussion”