Power Supply: OEM NEC supply and third party, no difference in behavior
Video cable: RetroGamingCables Mega Drive 2 CSYNC, both a brand new "packapunch" cable and an older one.
SD card brand: Lexar
Region modded?: No
SSDS3 revision 1, 2 or B?: B (purchased at the end of May 2020)
Any other details specific to your setup: CRT, Sony PVM-14L5, two different units that show the same behavior
Problem or Issue: The top 10 or so lines of the picture are warping on my CRT. Not just at the edges, but along the entire horizontal axis.
- The behavior is the same on the PC Engine Core II and TG16.
- Also tried Mega Drive composite through the SSDS3 and the picture is warping in the same way.
- Tried a second PVM-14L5. Same problem.
- Picture looks fine via Composite without the SSDS3 connected.
- Took my SSDS3 apart and noticed discoloration on the board near the solder joints for the expansion port and AV port.