RobertTwinings

strange video and audio glitch with CD roms only !!

16 Jun 2020, 00:44

PCEngine model: coregrafx 1 with MODS = Recap + RGB mod
Power Supply: 3rd party , 9V (regulated) 1.25A max. (I bought this PSU here https://retrogamesupply.com/ it was recommended on a specialized PCE forums).
Video cable: RGB Scart cable, Sega Mega Drive 2 / Genesis 2 RGB SCART PACKAPUNCH PRO CABLE, retrogamingcables.co.uk
SD card brand: Sandisk ultra 64Gb micro SDXC 1 10 A1
Region modded?: NO
SSDS3 revision 1, 2 or B?: Version B, reception on June the 15 th 2020
In Game Trigger enabled in the Options menu? NO
Any other details specific to your setup: Samsung LCD TV Set (max 1080p), xrgb framemeister with last firmware.
I'm using the REDUMP set, for the cd rom games....

Problem or Issue: I have this problem, only with CD roms.
I have problem during cut scenes or introductions : sometimes the screen is black , I can see that the TV go back to 720p mode.
it looks like usual framemeister's problem when you switch from one resolution (like 240p) to 480p : you have a black screen fro few seconds and it comes back.
In my case, here, with my present problem, sometimes I can't see the image, sometimes the audio is stopped, then come back.
I tried with Akumajou Dracula X - Chi no Rondo and I have problems with the introduction (german speech...); also have problems when you can see Belmont 's preparation , when The giants attack ,...
I tried other game, like steam heart's : also this problem.
when I tried Ai Chou Aniki, I can go to the menu's game and then I start the game and .... game over !!
I tried to check my connections (Sega Mega Drive 2 / Genesis 2 RGB SCART PACKAPUNCH PRO CABLE), my power unit.
I don't have any troubles with Hu card, only with CD roms.
I tried to use another source for the image : same problem.

Is the Super SD System 3 compatible with the xrgb framemeister ?
I will try to get another brand for my SD card, when I can get my hands on one...
I previously used a turbo everdrive V2 without any trouble .. but it's only Hu cards, so....

is the Sandisk ultra 64Gb micro SDXC 1 10 A1 "enough" for the Super SD System 3 ? Do you need very high speed SD card ?
I just received my Super SD System 3 and well.... not very pleased with it !
Last information : I don't get any audio Buzz (but it's a revision B, so it's normal, I guess...).

I'm also using my saturn with my xrgb framemeister without any trouble at all.....

Todd
Admin

Re: strange video and audio glitch with CD roms only !!

16 Jun 2020, 02:41

Those are all Framemeister issues. It’s a well known fact that it’s doesn’t like the PCE video signal. Not a SSDS3 related issue.

Fix it by going into the FM menu and adjusting the sync level.
My PMs are disabled. Please send support requests to support(at)terraonion.com.

For real time assistance, please consider joining our very active Discord server: https://discord.gg/JexuJVW

RobertTwinings

Re: strange video and audio glitch with CD roms only !!

16 Jun 2020, 09:46

ah??! ok ! thanks for the information.

I will tweak the framemesiter .....
I let you know !

Return to “Super SD System 3 Discussion”