Texemosis

many CD games freezing or levels resetting.to start.

28 May 2020, 03:41

Hello, i've experienced with some CD games like Shadow of the Beast, Monster Lair, Gate of Thunder and Download 2, that sometimes there's freezing or some odd moments where the game resets to the start of the level i'm on. I have no idea what that's about. I have a Japanese PC Engine. Old Skool Composite Cables, my SD System 3 was from the Black Friday last year... and I have the video/audio split to my CRT and a Retrotink 2x to an Elgato HD60S video capture card.

Todd
Admin

Re: many CD games freezing or levels resetting.to start.

28 May 2020, 05:07

Please read this:
viewtopic.php?f=11&t=68
My PMs are disabled. Please send support requests to support(at)terraonion.com.

For real time assistance, please consider joining our very active Discord server: https://discord.gg/JexuJVW

Texemosis

28 May 2020, 05:21

well okay, in addition to the details I provided, I have a 3rd party PSU, a Sandisk Ultra 200gb MicroSD, no mods, no in-game trigger enabled.

Todd
Admin

28 May 2020, 06:12

Texemosis wrote:
28 May 2020, 05:21
well okay, in addition to the details I provided, I have a 3rd party PSU, a Sandisk Ultra 200gb MicroSD, no mods, no in-game trigger enabled.
that 3rd party PSU is a likely suspect. There are a LOT of terrible ones on the market. I would replace it with something high quality like a Triad or the original NEC one.

For real time assistance, please consider joining our very active Discord server: https://discord.gg/JexuJVW

Texemosis

28 May 2020, 06:32

well alright, though i'd like I add I didn't get this trouble when playing YS Book I & II, Final Zone 2, Last Alert, Valis II and Valis III. would it be normal for a PSU to affect some games but not others?

Todd
Admin

28 May 2020, 07:14

It could also be the cd images themselves. We generally recommend the image sets from redump.

Mobiusstriptech

28 May 2020, 19:30

If some games work and others don't then the images would be what I would personally look into. But I would still recommend a good quality PSU for many reasons. The issue could be coincidental from power related issues. Poor quality power supplies can cause all kinds of issues that can fluctuate depending on what the power coming in looks like mixed with the handling of that power by the supply and internally into the system. For example, excessive ripple can cause many issues that would not be consistent unless the ripple is always high.

Texemosis

28 May 2020, 19:43

Figures, I ordered a new PSU. The ones have do make my console get hot after about an hour. I never knew if that was normal and there's not enough people who have this system to tell me if that's normal or not. It's always bothered me. Hopefully the new PSU will help it.

RobertTwinings

16 Jun 2020, 00:56

well I have also problem with my SSd3.
Did you get a new power supply ? is it working now ?

Return to “Super SD System 3 Discussion”