Marbles

What are Game Sack and Reddit talking about insufficiet power?

29 Mar 2020, 07:11

So, GameSack talks about their is video noise with the system when using RGB output and feels it's due to the console not getting enough power to run both the console and the SD System 3

While I found a Reddit thread recently talking about specific PSUs to use with TG16/Core Grafx when using the Super Sd System 3

So I was curious as to what they were talking about.
I owned, a Turbo Duo as a kid and was about to pick up a Core Grafix (Blue and Black) and a Super SD System 3, but wanted to learn more about the device before purchase.

jjennings089

Re: What are Game Sack and Reddit talking about insufficiet power?

30 Mar 2020, 04:13

I would get a replacement from http://www.retrogamecave.com they are known for great quality products and I have replaced a Sega trio, NeoGeo and SuperGrafx. For the NeoGeo and SuperG; I replaced the supplies as I'm not trusting a 30 year old PSU on these expensive systems especially after a full recap and restore. These older PSU's can be a fire hazard and harm equipment as the caps inside die. The Sega Trio its all about space. But if you're going to get a SSDS3 and an older systems I would look at that site. A $40 insurance on an expensive piece of tech is a small price to pay. Plus then you don't have to worry about your house burning down. Edit for spelling...

Marbles

02 Apr 2020, 04:56

So, what do they discuss their being insufficient power to power the Super SD System 3?
If you have any clues, or insight into this.

kruuth

04 Apr 2020, 04:29

I'm not sure as to why they mentioned that. Unless you're using the actual PSU that came with it from 20+ years ago then there is really no issue, at least none I've seen. I am using a PSU from a cable box here in the USA that fits and provides power without any issues whatsoever.

Return to “Super SD System 3 Discussion”