Tgames

Re: SSDS3 V1 board exchange?

29 Apr 2018, 16:14

So here we are, May coming this tuesday.
Hope promises (since few months) will be held.

It's time to us to have a working and good SSDS3 for first customers.

archimage

29 Apr 2018, 16:58

Tgames wrote:

Fingers crossed

Kidpanda

30 Apr 2018, 04:12

archimage wrote:
25 Apr 2018, 14:56
my V1 doesn't work more than 30 minutes, it has another hardware issue which is not related to RGB, I also was one of the first buyers and I admit I am annoyed by this situation, but as long as they keep their promise to exchange it I stick with it an be patient.

I understand stress, rush etc, after all it's an ambitious project which needs an organisation and a structure the team was not probably ready to handle, I guess there is a bit rush also, but they admit and try make it through, I hope it will be a happy ending, if not it would be sad and disappointing. It's not able to play games because it freezes, I feel like drowned with the general RGB issue, it's just frustrating to see folks getting new revisions and mine not usable for 6 months. I don't talk about RGB and audio issues...

So not a problem if it's delayed, even I can't play it with it but it's also nice to solve RGB and audio.

I have a question now that being said :

Is it possible to deal with problems non related to rgb issues directly in europe without sending from europe tu usa ?

I think it would be a mess to examine particular problems like mine if it's sent abroad with a pile of one common problem which is not in the same category.

Please also don't forget that delay is really an issue when you can't play at all for such a long time, not the same thing as noisy signal. It is more acceptable to wait when you can use it while the replacement program takes place.
I'm sure they will take care of everything in due time. As for Europe, I'm sure it will be a location to send to rather than sending to the USA. Guys just be patient, I understand the people that have ones that don't work. Just please be patient.
Tgames wrote:

Once again, they said within the first weeks of May. Please be patient, they will handle things fine.
Yea sure, no.

Eatitup_86

30 Apr 2018, 21:13

I saw in the most recent weekly roundup with Voultar & Co. they mentioned Voultar will have a V2 board to scope out soon. I actually wouldn't mind waiting longer to make sure everything is 100% or even wait for a 3rd revision if it ends up being needed for one reason or another.

Hopefully the tests all turn out great and we can just do the V2 exchanges but quality is more important than speed for me. :)

archimage

01 May 2018, 02:15

Yes patience will clearly be benefical for everyone, the product was rushed on the start even if it has a wonderful base which is the ODE.

It's a good idea to have an 3 in 1 device but the bad idea is to release it without the necessary work to make it perfect, it's admitted by Terraonion.

I have compared my RGB mod based Tim Worthington's Av driver and the SSDS3 rgb output, and it's clear it needs work.

I think you are right, Voultar's help would be benefical for all and I prefer this than a weak rgb output, and not to use a mod to bypass it.

No problem with that point I agree to wait for that to be perfect, I don't like to waste money for rush, no reason to make the same mistake twice.

I just hope it will be as good as we expect, and a little more mail list communication, because I feel like neglected when I get these informations which leak in forums. I feel also lost when I read that Rev1 users should wait because they can play since people with no device can't. That's wrong since you know some Rev1 boards don't work at all. I just feel upset because they are a priority but not only for that reason.

Official forum is essential. It was the right thing to do from the beginning. But I think an official mail sent at each key step to all customers to tell what's going on would be to make things easier to understand. Everyone who paid should get same information at same moment. Because we don't have to search for forums to find problems and solutions in fragments about our devices. What happens to folks who didn't have time to dig into it ?

Communications through forums facebook or I don't know which support everyone uses are just unfair and confusing. It puts a shroud on things for people who don't search for the information everyday on forums. I didn't know until this week about what my device problem was. And I discover a user in the same case who don't want to be blamed because he didn't want to say something wrong because Terraonion didn't want to communicate about that problem... that's really too complicated...

To Terraonion : Even if I have a non-working device, I would not be happy to get a replacement device, and 3 months later see a better revision appear because you don't have time to make things right. If you need more time just say it and take it, I prefer to wait one more year better than having a device next week with rush. If you don't take the right time it's the best way to make mistakes. I don't mind waiting but it would be acceptable with clear official mail communication in the name of the company. It's just the way it should be be done by a company when there's a warranty program. It makes black shrouds of confusion disappear because you show you stand with all your customers not only those who look after the information.

Please just think about what I just wrote as a solution to improve things for a better product and better user satisfaction in the end.

Eatitup_86

01 May 2018, 22:30

What archimage is trying to say is:

We know people make mistakes and that is perfectly acceptable.

It would be wonderful if existing customers were provided with full transparency on what is being done to resolve the issues as the fix actions are being planned or implemented via email notifications to all customers who have purchased a given product.

Seeing progress as it occurs lets customers know their money was well spent and greatly reduces complaints and questions in general across the board for any project.

I agree :D

strygo

10 May 2018, 06:35

Hey TerraOnion. I'm hoping to receive an update on the board exchange plan. I'm located in the USA, so my understanding is that I will need to send my PCB to someone stateside before receiving a replacement. When can I expect to do this?

Thanks,
Steve

strygo

10 May 2018, 17:07

Also, next week we will start replacing V1 boards for V2.
I will write a detailed post next monday/tuesday about replacement boards (to give unstructions), and in 2 weeks i will write a detailed post about production /shipping for the next months and products.

For others who might miss this in the other thread, see above. TO: Thank you for the update, I appreciate it.

thirdkind

18 May 2018, 00:13

So...anything?

archimage

18 May 2018, 19:54

no news, still waiting for the post

Return to “Super SD System 3 Discussion”