RevQuixo

Re: SSDS3 V1 board exchange?

14 Apr 2018, 19:25

donluca wrote:
14 Apr 2018, 19:01
Honestly, their decision makes perfect sense to me.

Those who have rev1, albeit with issues, can already play the games and use the device, while new ones can't.

It's not like the rev1 doesn't work, it has video noise and audio buzz, but the games work on it.
Well that only makes sense up to a point. Is it fair to someone who ordered in Dec-Jan and had to wait for the Rev 2 to come out? Possibly. Is it fair for someone who just ordered in March or April to get it before the Rev 1 folks... probably less so.

thirdkind

14 Apr 2018, 19:33

donluca wrote:

Those who have rev1, albeit with issues, can already play the games and use the device, while new ones can't.

It's not like the rev1 doesn't work, it has video noise and audio buzz, but the games work on it.
Depends what your issues are and how severe they affect gameplay. Some have sync issues, some have excessive video noise. If someone is lucky enough to have a rev1 board that they find acceptable, good for them. Not everyone does though.

fille1976

RevQuixo wrote:
14 Apr 2018, 16:14
fille1976 wrote:
14 Apr 2018, 15:36
For godsake,have fucking patience please,is this so difficult.
You act like terraonion are scammers,they gona replace your ssds3.
But under this circumstances its difficult todo good for both camps,the early adopters and the new customers.
hey everyone the "foe" function when you view a user gives the ability to put someone on ignore.

Congrats, fille1976 you are on that list.
zzzzzzzzzz,i don't hear you.
If i'm on your ignore list,srry guy,i don't care.
This ''i want my ssds3 first'' attitude is going long enough,stop with it childs.
We readed that shit also on neo-geo.com,and now it continues here??,go back to another forum then please.

thirdkind

14 Apr 2018, 19:48

fille1976 wrote:
RevQuixo wrote:
fille1976 wrote:
14 Apr 2018, 15:36
For godsake,have fucking patience please,is this so difficult.
You act like terraonion are scammers,they gona replace your ssds3.
But under this circumstances its difficult todo good for both camps,the early adopters and the new customers.
hey everyone the "foe" function when you view a user gives the ability to put someone on ignore.

This ''i want my ssds3 first'' attitude is going long enough,stop with it childs.
We readed that shit also on neo-geo.com,and now it continues here??,go back to another forum then please.
I want it first because I paid first. Simple really.

I think you're misunderstanding the point of this forum. It's for customers (do you even own an SSDS3?) to speak with the company without being interrupted by crazy people and terrible moderators. That means hush now. n-g.com is only a few mouse clicks away if you're looking to be rude or suppress civil discussion.

Regardless, they're working on getting us our replacements and I believe we'll get resolution soon, so how about you drop it and chill out?

fille1976

14 Apr 2018, 20:01

thirdkind wrote:
14 Apr 2018, 19:48
fille1976 wrote:
RevQuixo wrote:

I want it first because I paid first. Simple really.

I think you're misunderstanding the point of this forum. It's for customers (do you even own an SSDS3?) to speak with the company without being interrupted by crazy people and terrible moderators. That means hush now. n-g.com is only a few mouse clicks away if you're looking to be rude or suppress civil discussion.

Regardless, they're working on getting us our replacements and I believe we'll get resolution soon, so how about you drop it and chill out?
I own maybe more consoles then you ever imagine,and yes,i own rev1 ssds3,but ok,discussion stopped here.
I learned there are some buttons here.
Good evening.

Eatitup_86

17 Apr 2018, 18:02

thirdkind wrote:
donluca wrote:

Depends what your issues are and how severe they affect gameplay. Some have sync issues, some have excessive video noise. If someone is lucky enough to have a rev1 board that they find acceptable, good for them. Not everyone does though.
Indeed, I also don't want to use the V1 board to stream on Twitch and turn potential customers away from the product. Another issue I don't see mentioned often is that the V1 board does not preserve save states if it crashes mid game so all RPGs / decently lengthy games are off the table for playability. :|

jacksoni

18 Apr 2018, 23:25

are you guys sending us a return label or do we have to pay for the return shipment in advance?

Kidpanda

21 Apr 2018, 03:52

jacksoni wrote:
18 Apr 2018, 23:25
are you guys sending us a return label or do we have to pay for the return shipment in advance?
From what I understood, there will be a central location, in the USA at least, that we send it to. Then after that they are shipped to Terraonion, and then you will be sent yours to the address you have on file.
Yea sure, no.

MisterMr
BANNED

25 Apr 2018, 05:03

thirdkind wrote:
donluca wrote:

How DARE you expect what you paid 320$ for 6 months ago? Don't you know that TerraOnion have families and kids to feed? Just be happy with your revision 1 board which granted, doesn't work, but sure is pretty to look at!

Seriously, anyone who would support a first run of any TO product in the future is a sucker, that's for sure. It is absolutely pathetic the way they've handled everything regarding this product from day 1, hell, 2 months beforehand when they were warned of all these problems and just laughed it off.

Excuses, excuses, excuses. That's what you get when you buy one of their products.

archimage

25 Apr 2018, 14:56

my V1 doesn't work more than 30 minutes, it has another hardware issue which is not related to RGB, I also was one of the first buyers and I admit I am annoyed by this situation, but as long as they keep their promise to exchange it I stick with it an be patient.

I understand stress, rush etc, after all it's an ambitious project which needs an organisation and a structure the team was not probably ready to handle, I guess there is a bit rush also, but they admit and try make it through, I hope it will be a happy ending, if not it would be sad and disappointing. It's not able to play games because it freezes, I feel like drowned with the general RGB issue, it's just frustrating to see folks getting new revisions and mine not usable for 6 months. I don't talk about RGB and audio issues...

So not a problem if it's delayed, even I can't play it with it but it's also nice to solve RGB and audio.

I have a question now that being said :

Is it possible to deal with problems non related to rgb issues directly in europe without sending from europe tu usa ?

I think it would be a mess to examine particular problems like mine if it's sent abroad with a pile of one common problem which is not in the same category.

Please also don't forget that delay is really an issue when you can't play at all for such a long time, not the same thing as noisy signal. It is more acceptable to wait when you can use it while the replacement program takes place.

Return to “Super SD System 3 Discussion”