Eatitup_86
Posts: 11
Joined: 13 Apr 2018, 17:16

SSDS3 V1 board exchange?

13 Apr 2018, 17:23

Will there be an email explaining the process to exchange the SSDS3 Version 1 sent to those who have them soon so that we can exchange our boards for the new version?

I also saw some posts on a few forums indicating the audio buzz may still be present in version 2?

Is this something that cannot be resolved via the SSDS3?

What causes the audio buzz?

User avatar
dlundh
Posts: 11
Joined: 13 Apr 2018, 17:23
Location: Sweden
Contact: Website Twitter

Re: SSDS3 V1 board exchange?

13 Apr 2018, 17:35

There was talk of the audio buzz on a PC Engine group on Facebook where there was an official response.
The gist of it is:
they know what the issue is
they think they can fix it via a firmware update

If nothing has changed since that post (I think it was last week) that's where we are. Just wait and I'm confident it will be addressed.
___________________________ :P
Daniel Lundh
Shmup player and SSDS3 owner.

User avatar
terraonion_admin
Site Admin
Posts: 164
Joined: 08 Apr 2018, 21:09

Re: SSDS3 V1 board exchange?

13 Apr 2018, 17:40

Eatitup_86 wrote:
13 Apr 2018, 17:23
Will there be an email explaining the process to exchange the SSDS3 Version 1 sent to those who have them soon so that we can exchange our boards for the new version?

I also saw some posts on a few forums indicating the audio buzz may still be present in version 2?

Is this something that cannot be resolved via the SSDS3?

What causes the audio buzz?
After our forum section at neo-geo.com got locked to only registered users, we had to stop shipping and start working at our own forums. This took us 3 working days.
Last week we had to travel to factoires cause neosd pro and to get neosd stock, this draw 2 more working days.

All this caused that this week were unable to ship any single super sd system 3, we will resume the shipments next week.
What i mean is : you start a week planing to ship 100 units and make the waiting times shorter, then someone decides to close the forum, people start complaining, we have to change our plans ... such things have been happening for the last weeks with different things, everyday there is a new fire that draws time we should be putting on validating, mounting, testing and shipping orders.

The last shipped super SD System 3 is from 23th of february (there are 4 more pending units from before with special circunstances such as postal box on the address, and so, that should be shipped next week).

Until we are not up to date with shipments, we will not start shipping replacement boards, the reason is : the ones with a v1 can play while the ones without an unit can´t. We hope to be up to date with shipments in about 6 weeks.

Once we are ready to ship the replacement units, we will inform everyone.

I know it sux to be waiting, but we are doing overwork to make the waiting period as shorter as possible, its not an ideal situation to us either.

About the audio buzzing : we are working on it, adjusting the audio output levels should mitigate it.

Thanks

Tgames
Posts: 12
Joined: 13 Apr 2018, 19:44

Re: SSDS3 V1 board exchange?

13 Apr 2018, 19:50

The initial promise few months ago was "the exchange will takes place when the forum will be opened".
But ok, the most important is that we will get the updated version one day. It's quite long indeed but i undestand that you have delays with new orders.

But i hope we will all get the new SSDS3 Board before the holiday in july.

Best Regards.

User avatar
terraonion_admin
Site Admin
Posts: 164
Joined: 08 Apr 2018, 21:09

Re: SSDS3 V1 board exchange?

13 Apr 2018, 20:04

Tgames wrote:
13 Apr 2018, 19:50
The initial promise few months ago was "the exchange will takes place when the forum will be opened".
But ok, the most important is that we will get the updated version one day. It's quite long indeed but i undestand that you have delays with new orders.

But i hope we will all get the new SSDS3 Board before the holiday in july.

Best Regards.

The internal plan as today is the first week of May, but please don´t come back telling : you said first week of may, cause anything can happen on the next 2 weeks and ruin the schelude again.

By first week of may the waiting times on the shipping queue should be 3 weeks, and this is reasonable for new customers to wait one more week so we can prepare the replacement boards.

Believe me, as soon as those are shipped, as better to us, so we don´t have to discus this again.

Thanks

User avatar
thirdkind
Posts: 12
Joined: 09 Apr 2018, 04:19

Re: SSDS3 V1 board exchange?

14 Apr 2018, 08:51

To be fair, you told us a month ago that the forum would be up in a couple weeks and you'd be starting the replacement process at that time. Now that the forum is up, you're saying 6 more weeks while you catch up on orders because you don't have enough on hand to send replacements, even though you said previously that you'd set aside enough boards for rev1 replacements. And you're already asking us not to hold you to your estimates this time because "anything can happen" between now and May.

You're prioritizing new customers over the customers who helped fund this whole venture by preordering in the first place. That's why people are upset — not that there are issues, but how you've treated customers who do have issues.

Can you understand why someone who paid for your product in November and still may not have a fully working version in May might not feel so warm and fuzzy about the company at this point? Those who are being nasty with you aren't being productive and should get control over their emotions, but those of us who've been patient are watching that patience wear quite thin. The irony is that if I'd waited to order until January, I'd have a working rev2 by now (maybe with a cap that needs flipping, but that's minor). Why would I order your next product at launch?

I'm not annoyed because I have a product with problems; I'm an early adopter and I expect that sort of thing. I've owned more products than I can remember that shipped with issues. I'm annoyed with the level of support I've received.

I guess we'll see what May brings.

fille1976
Posts: 35
Joined: 14 Apr 2018, 15:16

Re: SSDS3 V1 board exchange?

14 Apr 2018, 15:36

thirdkind wrote:
14 Apr 2018, 08:51
To be fair, you told us a month ago that the forum would be up in a couple weeks and you'd be starting the replacement process at that time. Now that the forum is up, you're saying 6 more weeks while you catch up on orders because you don't have enough on hand to send replacements, even though you said previously that you'd set aside enough boards for rev1 replacements. And you're already asking us not to hold you to your estimates this time because "anything can happen" between now and May.

You're prioritizing new customers over the customers who helped fund this whole venture by preordering in the first place. That's why people are upset — not that there are issues, but how you've treated customers who do have issues.

Can you understand why someone who paid for your product in November and still may not have a fully working version in May might not feel so warm and fuzzy about the company at this point? Those who are being nasty with you aren't being productive and should get control over their emotions, but those of us who've been patient are watching that patience wear quite thin. The irony is that if I'd waited to order until January, I'd have a working rev2 by now (maybe with a cap that needs flipping, but that's minor). Why would I order your next product at launch?

I'm not annoyed because I have a product with problems; I'm an early adopter and I expect that sort of thing. I've owned more products than I can remember that shipped with issues. I'm annoyed with the level of support I've received.

I guess we'll see what May brings.
For godsake,have fucking patience please,is this so difficult.
You act like terraonion are scammers,they gona replace your ssds3.
But under this circumstances its difficult todo good for both camps,the early adopters and the new customers.

User avatar
RevQuixo
Posts: 171
Joined: 09 Apr 2018, 15:31

Re: SSDS3 V1 board exchange?

14 Apr 2018, 16:14

fille1976 wrote:
14 Apr 2018, 15:36
For godsake,have fucking patience please,is this so difficult.
You act like terraonion are scammers,they gona replace your ssds3.
But under this circumstances its difficult todo good for both camps,the early adopters and the new customers.
hey everyone the "foe" function when you view a user gives the ability to put someone on ignore.

Congrats, fille1976 you are on that list.
Last edited by RevQuixo on 14 Apr 2018, 19:22, edited 1 time in total.

User avatar
thirdkind
Posts: 12
Joined: 09 Apr 2018, 04:19

Re: SSDS3 V1 board exchange?

14 Apr 2018, 17:34

fille1976 wrote:
14 Apr 2018, 15:36
For godsake,have fucking patience please,is this so difficult.
You act like terraonion are scammers,they gona replace your ssds3.
But under this circumstances its difficult todo good for both camps,the early adopters and the new customers.
Of course they're not scammers. I also know they're working hard. I think the choice to prioritize new business over people who bought in early was a mistake that made the overall situation worse.

Thanks for your thoughtful reply, though. I can tell you're a reasonable chap. Maybe head over to n-g.com? You'd fit right in.

User avatar
donluca
Posts: 34
Joined: 13 Apr 2018, 20:10
Location: Italy
Contact: Website Facebook Twitter

Re: SSDS3 V1 board exchange?

14 Apr 2018, 19:01

Honestly, their decision makes perfect sense to me.

Those who have rev1, albeit with issues, can already play the games and use the device, while new ones can't.

It's not like the rev1 doesn't work, it has video noise and audio buzz, but the games work on it.

Return to “Super SD System 3 Discussion”