alucard

Serial Number Fading out ?

25 Jun 2018, 09:53

Hi there,

i've noticed that the serial number on the sticker on the bottom of the case started fading out. ?!?

The device was not under sunlight at all, also not flipped upside down. So basicaly i can exclude sunfade. very strange....
Anyone else noticing that ?

For any case i wrote down my SN on a piece of paper, from what i understand its needed to get updates.

Theres a 2nd SN sticker on the PCB, i dont know how that behaves, haven't opened mine yet to do the audio fix.

Todd
Admin

Re: Serial Number Fading out ?

25 Jun 2018, 15:19

I have noticed this too. If you rub your finger over the sticker a few times it starts to fade as well.

Luckily with all TO products you can go into the Options screen and get the serial number info from there in case the sticker is damaged.
My PMs are disabled. Please send support requests to support(at)terraonion.com.

For real time assistance, please consider joining our very active Discord server: https://discord.gg/JexuJVW

Kidpanda

27 Jun 2018, 07:48

I actually cut a little piece of tape and laid it over the sticker to give it basically a cover. Seems to work fine.
Yea sure, no.

alucard

04 Jul 2018, 22:56

todd, okay sounds like the same here, i guess ive wiped a couple of times my fingers over it while handling the device.

kidpanda, that sounds like a good idea!

probably it would be good to change the type of SN sticker to a more rerlable one on future units. like p-touch style or so

Return to “Super SD System 3 Discussion”