tudy

Audio strutter with SSDS3

12 Sep 2019, 20:36

PCEngine model: Coregrafx and a white vanilla one

Power Supply: Third party, tested with a handful of them.

Video cable: RGB cable

SD card brand: Sandisk ultra 32gb and a Kingston 10 32gb

Region modded?: No

SSDS3 revision 1, 2 or B?: 2 modded with the capacitor mod

In Game Trigger enabled in the Options menu? Issue appears with this option enabled and disabled

Any other details specific to your setup: The system is connected to a framemeister, but the issue also happens with an OSSC, the cable is from consolegoods.com

Audio strutter happens semi-random on some games, is not a hummig but a brief "BRZZT", it's semi random because on some games happens always on the same portions, like the tree ones on the Rondo of blood menu.

This only happens with cdrom games, hucard games work fine, also I know is not the console because I've got both a cdrom2 drive and a original Dracula X copy and it doesn't do any strange noises.

I've tried to format the card and the issue doesn't go away, also I've tried to disable the game trigger and the arcade card with no avail, check the video to see the glicht in action.

https://youtu.be/Bf-Akj99YjY

EDIT: Some silly typos.

tudy

Re: Audio strutter with SSDS3

14 Sep 2019, 23:05

Ok, after trying with another memory card just In case I'm the most unluckiest amazon customer, I've decided to take my copy of draculax and dump to an bin/cue by myself and It works, without the farting, so looks that my iso images are not so ok after all.

Tomorrow I'm going to try to redump another iso from one of the ones not working and see If I can "fix" them, because looking after them around Internet is going to be a pain in the ass.

EDIT: After an afternoon of redownloading and redumping I've fixed the problem entirely, no more sound cracking/farting.

lekobsmith

24 Sep 2019, 21:10

tudy wrote:
14 Sep 2019, 23:05
Ok, after trying with another memory card just In case I'm the most unluckiest amazon customer, I've decided to take my copy of draculax and dump to an bin/cue by myself and It works, without the farting, so looks that my iso images are not so ok after all.

Tomorrow I'm going to try to redump another iso from one of the ones not working and see If I can "fix" them, because looking after them around Internet is going to be a pain in the ass.

EDIT: After an afternoon of redownloading and redumping I've fixed the problem entirely, no more sound cracking/farting.
'

HI buddy, would you mind sharing the possible solution in brief?

Regards,
L.Smith Tutuapp ShowBox Kodi
Last edited by lekobsmith on 26 Sep 2019, 21:08, edited 1 time in total.

tudy

24 Sep 2019, 21:18

HI buddy, would you mind sharing the possible solution in brief?

Regards,
L.Smith
If you are getting this issue, your isos are probably dumped wrong.

There's a popular rom site, one which appears on the first page of a google search, where I got my first batch of isos and most of them are dumped wrong, not all of them, but a lot of them.

Solution: Get your isos from somewhere else or if you have access to originals, dump them yourself with imgburn.

I've found that the isos with ccd, bin, cue and sub files are the best and ssds3 works with them with no issues.

Todd
Admin

25 Sep 2019, 00:46

We suggest Redump ISO’s.
My PMs are disabled. Please send support requests to support(at)terraonion.com.

For real time assistance, please consider joining our very active Discord server: https://discord.gg/JexuJVW

chrisw80

31 Mar 2020, 02:06

Latest revision of SSD3
CoreGrafx 2
Triad also tested and happens with Genesis Model 1 adapter and original.
Rad2X
Transcend 128GB card
all options disabled except Skip CDROM "press run" and Per-Game backup ram

I have this issue, even with Redump set. It sure is annoying. Happens randomly and is worse on some games than others.

Mobiusstriptech

03 Apr 2020, 14:52

Audio stuttering is a known issue on transcend SD cards. The only way around it is not using them.

chrisw80

04 Apr 2020, 07:50

Thanks for responding. I will change back to sandisk or samsung.

Mobiusstriptech

05 Apr 2020, 16:40

Samsung cards are known to have issues as well. Your best bet is a SanDisk.

chrisw80

06 Apr 2020, 00:02

Awesome already got the Samsung...

Return to “Super SD System 3 Discussion”