samson7point1

Shipping and Insurance

12 Jun 2018, 14:46

I was about to place an order, but something in the "Terms and Conditions" we're required to agree to upon checkout, made me pause. It *looks* like it's saying that if the carrier loses the package the customer is just out of luck. Are either of the shipping methods insured against packages going missing in transit? (the selection doesn't say).

I don't know anything about Correos, but it has been my experience with UPS that the shipper is responsible for filing insurance claims. Chances are nothing will go wrong, but this seems like quite a lot of risk to ask of a customer.

AlexUnderBase

Re: Shipping and Insurance

14 Jun 2018, 16:24

samson7point1 wrote:
12 Jun 2018, 14:46
I was about to place an order, but something in the "Terms and Conditions" we're required to agree to upon checkout, made me pause. It *looks* like it's saying that if the carrier loses the package the customer is just out of luck. Are either of the shipping methods insured against packages going missing in transit? (the selection doesn't say).

I don't know anything about Correos, but it has been my experience with UPS that the shipper is responsible for filing insurance claims. Chances are nothing will go wrong, but this seems like quite a lot of risk to ask of a customer.
The TerraOnion team never use Correos to sending their products to us ! Indeed , till few months ago (March 2018) ... they are , but now shipping is with DHL Express ! Peace and best !

ps : don't be shy ... you can order your desire and then you must wait few days till came in your hands ! :)
SSS3 - MEGASD - SD2SNES rev F - EVERDRIVE-64 v3 - EVERDRIVE N8 Fam - PSIO

terraonion_admin
Site Admin

15 Jun 2018, 17:01

Well, those terms are a copy paste and used mostly to avoid people abusing.

So far we have :

Shipped 3 units where the packets were lost (once UPS, DHL and Correos confirmed the packet was lost)

Replaced 2 neosds after the 1 year waranty.

As long as no one tries to cheat on us, we don´t have any problem to exchange, fix or send another unit ... I think we are pretty legit trying to have everyone happy.

samson7point1

17 Jun 2018, 20:54

Okay, I'm convinced it's worth the risk. Button clicked.

Kidpanda

18 Jun 2018, 15:08

Yea the team is mos def very fair. They will work with people to help out. But I can understand them putting that there to ward off potential fraud. Couple of stories I've heard from other places that buyers would try to cheat the system.
Yea sure, no.

Return to “Super SD System 3 Discussion”