TonySwish

Re: All Arcade Card games suddenly glitch/unplayable

16 Sep 2020, 05:10

pixeljunkie wrote:
15 Sep 2020, 21:46
TonySwish wrote:
15 Sep 2020, 21:14
I'm having the same issue, and it just recently started as the Arcade Games seemed to work fine a month or two ago. It's the first issue I've actually had with a TerraOnion product (and I now own them all) which is impressive.

Sapphire, World Heroes 2 and both Fatal Fury Special and Fatal Fury 2 had this same problem.

I hope there's a fix soon as there's actually quite a few Arcade CD games I care about.
yep, exactly same issue - it just quits working all of a sudden for seemingly no reason. REALLY hope we can get a fix SOOOON as it's really frustrating.
I concur, at least most of the games glitched early...but Sapphire I got a few levels in and it broke my heart when it froze!

With that said, I really want this fix badly as I'm also a pro wrestling fan and two of the wrestling games on the console are Arcade CD games.

I'm glad folks like you are keeping this thread going so that we can hopefully get a fix!

keropi

16 Sep 2020, 12:58

well at this point I am also concerned since apparently this is an issue like a timebomb... wouldn't surprise me if some ram on the board operates outside specs and it just dies after it works for some time... :|
this thread is 10 days away from closing 3 months with no solution/fix or even some response other than "we are busy with the new thing, wait some more"

jvesel

17 Sep 2020, 02:44

TonySwish wrote:
pixeljunkie wrote:
TonySwish wrote:
15 Sep 2020, 21:14
I'm having the same issue, and it just recently started as the Arcade Games seemed to work fine a month or two ago. It's the first issue I've actually had with a TerraOnion product (and I now own them all) which is impressive.

Sapphire, World Heroes 2 and both Fatal Fury Special and Fatal Fury 2 had this same problem.

I hope there's a fix soon as there's actually quite a few Arcade CD games I care about.
yep, exactly same issue - it just quits working all of a sudden for seemingly no reason. REALLY hope we can get a fix SOOOON as it's really frustrating.
I concur, at least most of the games glitched early...but Sapphire I got a few levels in and it broke my heart when it froze!

With that said, I really want this fix badly as I'm also a pro wrestling fan and two of the wrestling games on the console are Arcade CD games.

I'm glad folks like you are keeping this thread going so that we can hopefully get a fix!
What rev board do you have?

pixeljunkie

17 Sep 2020, 16:42

jvesel wrote:
17 Sep 2020, 02:44
TonySwish wrote:
pixeljunkie wrote:

What rev board do you have?
I know I have a Rev2, can't speak for the others.

jvesel

18 Sep 2020, 16:05

This one has me worried. I wish we would get some official word.

pixeljunkie

18 Sep 2020, 20:19

jvesel wrote:
18 Sep 2020, 16:05
This one has me worried. I wish we would get some official word.
me too, I've emailed support/Todd and gotten zero response as well as zero updates/responses in this thread. So, either they are super close to a fix and don't want to comment until they have it...or we are being blown off

Todd
Admin

18 Sep 2020, 20:45

If you have a problem with your SSDS3, send an email to us. Include order number and all the details that you can provide.

That's the best way for us to handle it. These will be dealt with on a one by one case basis.

A couple people with ACD game problems out of the thousands and thousands of SSDS3 units we have sold doesn't constitute a design issue.
My PMs are disabled. Please send support requests to support(at)terraonion.com.

For real time assistance, please consider joining our very active Discord server: https://discord.gg/JexuJVW

keropi

18 Sep 2020, 21:13

Todd wrote:
[...]

A couple people with ACD game problems out of the thousands and thousands of SSDS3 units we have sold doesn't constitute a design issue.
... and yet after claiming the same in the past people had to install 2 parasitic boards in their devices to get proper audio and video output.
So you should not find it that difficult to believe that people think the worst case scenario for this problem.
"Thousands and thousands of SSDS3" actually mean nothing at all when you need 3+ months to provide support :roll:

pixeljunkie

18 Sep 2020, 22:46

Todd wrote:
If you have a problem with your SSDS3, send an email to us. Include order number and all the details that you can provide.

That's the best way for us to handle it. These will be dealt with on a one by one case basis.

thanks for updating us, Todd! I think it's fair for users to assume it could be a design flaw/hardware issue, even if it's seemingly small numbers reporting it so far. Nobody is being rude or negative about it. I'm just extremely concerned as I play a ton of ACD games and this has hit me pretty hard. Perhaps that is why less people have had this happen? The amount of people actually playing ACD games for more than a novelty 5 minutes is probably fairly low. Outside of Sapphire of course...so, switching ACD games a bunch might be something to do with this as well? My gut feels like it's a corrupt RAM problem, but again - very anxious to hear what you guys find out.

At the very least we'd like something other than a "customer service" comment regarding it. I realize you guys are busy...but I mean, this could potentially be a ticking timebomb for thousands and thousands of other SSDS3 users?

TonySwish

19 Sep 2020, 02:44

I did exactly what was suggested a few days ago and sent an email to support and was basically told to contact Stone Age Gamer as they have some kind of agreement. It really didn’t instill much confidence as this is clearly something that is happening to many other units and is something TerraOnion needs to fix, not a reseller.

It wouldn’t surprise me if many others would have this issue, but since there so few Arcade CD games that they just haven’t experienced it.

All I know is it just crashed on me again in the 5th level of Sapphire.

Return to “Super SD System 3 Discussion”