WestSide

Re: PCE Power Supply replacement

08 Jun 2018, 19:34

Eh, I think I'm just going to wait for Retro DC Powered product to go back on sale. I just watched a review on My Life in Gaming, and they gave a pretty positive review. It looks like exactly what I need for my retro gaming setup. The only thing that concerns me is that it looks like nothing has been updated on the website in a couple months. I emailed the builder of the product, Ben, but he hasn't gotten back to me yet.

Ludwig

12 Jun 2018, 11:58

The VGP review talks about grey noise on their SupergrafX. As far as I can tell, I noticed nothing like this on my White PCE + SSDS3 after quite a few hours on the last two weeks of use. Maybe it's related to the superGrafX itself, or maybe their unit was faulty ... I wouldn't be surprised that the SGX + Super CD Rom² unit would draw more power from the PSU than my own setup. Maybe it's related ...

opt2not

14 Jun 2018, 21:35

Decided to pull the trigger on the RetroGameSupply PSU since they have the US plug version back in stock. $21 USD after tracked shipping from France was cheap enough to give this a shot.

I'll post my results after I test it out. 8-)

mykie

21 Jun 2018, 06:19

FWIW, I have a few of the Retro Game Cave PSUs for my Sega systems, and I have been pretty happy with them. I'm thinking of pulling the trigger on the PCE version for SSDS3.

opt2not

07 Jul 2018, 07:14

I’ve been using my RetroGameSupply PSU for the last few days now, and it’s running exactly as I expected.
My Coregrafx runs so much cooler now, and I haven’t noticed any noise artifacts in the video or audio output.
Even the PSU runs cool, and is less than half the size as of the original.

Overall I’m very happy with it!

mastamuzz

30 Sep 2018, 07:38

I am also a happy owner of a RetroDC no more heavy, bulky, now unsafe wall warts just a few systems are not supported.

go from pce to master system to super famicom to famicom to sega cd, 32X, genesis unholy trinity and not having to trace psu's.

WestSide

11 Oct 2018, 01:28

mastamuzz wrote:
30 Sep 2018, 07:38
I am also a happy owner of a RetroDC no more heavy, bulky, now unsafe wall warts just a few systems are not supported.

go from pce to master system to super famicom to famicom to sega cd, 32X, genesis unholy trinity and not having to trace psu's.
When did you buy your unit? I've been waiting to buy one for several months now, but everytime I go back to his website it says out of stock, with the last batch being April 2018. Did he stop making them??

Return to “Super SD System 3 General Discussion”