itman312

Everything deleted

27 Oct 2020, 03:16

I haven't had this Super SD System 3 for very long, but the games have been mostly playable. However, when attempting to launch Bishoujo Senshi Sailor Moon, rather than seeing the usual BIOS screen before the game loads, I just saw "Loading..." in the same font used elsewhere in the UI. It stayed like that for a while. Once I realized that the Loading screen was never going to go away, I turned my system off. When I turned it back on, my games weren't showing up and there were some weird green shapes on the screen. These shapes appeared both with and without the microSD card inserted. I put the card in my PC and discovered that ALL 188GB of games had been deleted. The only thing remaining was an empty "bup" folder. This is a brand new Sandisk 256GB microSD card. I'm using a US version Turbografx-16.

Before I spend several days re-downloading everything, I want to find out how to stop this same thing from happening again. If there is a game file that the Super SD System 3 doesn't like for whatever reason, there should be a failsafe that simply boots back to the main menu after a specified length of time. The correct error handling method for this shouldn't be to erase all my games.

itman312

Re: Everything deleted

28 Oct 2020, 02:05

Same thing happened with a different microSD card that I tried. Different game from the redump set.

I verified that none of the pins were bent. Also verified my TurboGrafx-16 works with my dbGrafx. My TurboEverdrive also works as expected. It appears like a firmware issue with the SSS3.

Todd
Admin

Re: Everything deleted

29 Oct 2020, 15:21

This is probably an issue with your microSD card. What brand are they? Authentic cards?

SSDS3 can't just delete everything from the card.
My PMs are disabled. Please send support requests to support(at)terraonion.com.

For real time assistance, please consider joining our very active Discord server: https://discord.gg/JexuJVW

Return to “Super SD System 3 Discussion”