Ashrion

Re: Post Your Game Bugs here.

18 May 2018, 15:18

There is no fix for Steam Hearts, the game is simply incompatible with the SuperGrafx when not in compatibility mode. It is not a SSDS3 bug. As for the other games, they are already documented, so repeating the bug reports is not necessary.

What a surprise.
Well, my steam hearts that work perfectly on my Supergrafx with Supergrafx mode should be a strange version. Before talking about something, make sure you know what you're talking about, so you will not say nonsense.

Before somebody says nonsense, I'd prefer to be seen fixing.

neodev

18 May 2018, 15:58

Actually, I analyzed the freeze of Steam Hearts and it's definitely a coding error in the game program, that tries to read an area that in pce is mirrored to the VDC status register, and in sgx mode it's a video combiner register, waiting endlessly for the vsync bit to be activated. I can confirm that patching that mistake to the proper code fixes the issue.

Maybe your cd game is a fixed revision? Can you try dumping your cd and running in ssds3? Or burning the same image you are using with ssds3 to a cd-r and trying.

RevQuixo

18 May 2018, 16:51

Ashrion wrote:
18 May 2018, 15:18
There is no fix for Steam Hearts, the game is simply incompatible with the SuperGrafx when not in compatibility mode. It is not a SSDS3 bug. As for the other games, they are already documented, so repeating the bug reports is not necessary.

What a surprise.
Well, my steam hearts that work perfectly on my Supergrafx with Supergrafx mode should be a strange version. Before talking about something, make sure you know what you're talking about, so you will not say nonsense.

Before somebody says nonsense, I'd prefer to be seen fixing.
Let's see you rip your magical working version of Steam Hearts as opposed to, you know, actually having the SSDS3 team tell us specifically (and repeatedly) why Steam Heart's doesn't work since it has a CODING ERROR.

CharlieFriday

19 May 2018, 17:25

Pharfetchd wrote:
18 May 2018, 10:48
No problem :) hopefully TurboRip 1.40 works for you.

One thing I did find after my original post was, if you mount the cue file of the rip from IsoZone using something like Daemon Tools to create a Virtual Drive then use TurboRip to make a copy from that it works just fine.

Probably worth considering giving that a try for anyone who is having problems with images they've downloaded as this could fix it in some cases.
Thank you! I don't have a working CD drive right now, so that's very helpful!

Also, thanks for taking the time to look at this and post for neodev, especially since this is the only rip version I can find out there.

ArrisonChan

20 May 2018, 19:19

Turbo GrafX 16

Power Supply: OEM NEC power supply

Video cable: Composite

SD card brand: Sandisk

CD image source: Emuparadise

Region modded?: No

SSDS3 revision 1 or 2?: Rev 2

In Game Trigger enabled in the Options menu? In game trigger is disabled

Currently playing with the system plugged directly into a power outlet (no power strip) and directly plugged into my Sony Trinitron CRT (no switcher)

Problem statement:
I'm actually reporting issues on two games by the same company, not sure if that's relevant or not.

The first game is Pop'n Magic which will boot, but regardless of which system card is selected, you will reach an error screen that tells you the system card is not the correct one and will refuse to continue. I tried via emulation on my PC with the System Card 3 and the game works fine. Copied that exact BIOS from my PC to my SD and it fails on the SSDS3.

The second game is Valis, which won't even boot. Upon trying to boot the game, it will have a hard crash with loud static noises coming out of the speakers.

Please let me know if there is anything else I can provide.

P.S.
Side note, not sure if this is a bug or not, but in some games with the SSDS3, sometimes when I pause, I get odd color changes all over the screen. It's rare, but does exist. Do PCE games normally do this? I can try and get a picture of the behavior if needed. It's pretty easy to replicate and seems to be tied to specific locations in game that trigger it. It's especially easy to trigger in the very beginning of Shapeshifter.

kogami

20 May 2018, 19:37

I tested all the titles you mentioned, and I had no problem.

My version iso is "redump"

https://archive.org/download/NEC_PC_Eng ... ROMs/roms/

ArrisonChan

20 May 2018, 20:48

kogami wrote:
20 May 2018, 19:37
I tested all the titles you mentioned, and I had no problem.

My version iso is "redump"

https://archive.org/download/NEC_PC_Eng ... ROMs/roms/
Not sure who you meant to reply to here, but Pop'n Magic isn't on that list as an ISO nor is Valis, so I'm guessing you meant someone else.

RevQuixo

21 May 2018, 02:41

Which version of Valis? Mugen Senshi Valis works fine...with the exception of the out of sync second half of the intro.

pop’n magic works too... playing it now

neodev

21 May 2018, 15:22

I think I've fixed the issue with Index 00 elements in the cue parser. We'll probably upload a new beta firmware to ensure nothing was broken, as it's a pretty big change too. I'll let you know when it's ready.

Endprodukt

17 Jun 2018, 15:12

Hardware used: Original PCE White

Power Supply: 2.5A power supply

SD Card/Format: SanDisk ULTRA 128

CD Rips/HuCard Roms Source or MD5/hash (if known): Redump

IGR (In Game Reset) = On or OFF? Off

I have random crashes in Winds Of Thunder. Game glitches out at random places after a couple of levels.

Return to “Super SD System 3 Discussion”