I got a new power supply rated to 1,.2A and a faster memory card...
Visually, the output has improved... But I can't seem to get any of the CD images I generated (via turborip or cdrdao) to run properly?
I get an endlessly flashing LED.
The 240P_test_suite doesn't run the first time after I reset after trying to load my images. If I reset and try again, it seems to run. There is some visual noise on the menu screen but mostly gone afterwards. Going through the tests, they seem to run reliably.
I guess my next step will be to try and get an image differently and test against that.
Edit: Okay, a downloaded version of CD image (this one cue/iso) worked. So the issue seems to be how I'm ripping the games. TurboRip isn't working, nor is the configuration I'm using for CDRDAO.
2nd Edit: Okay, so I've been trying to rip with my Mac. Using TurboRip in a VM running Win7 w/exclusive DVD drive access and CDRDAO running on natively in OSX. It seems like there must have been something not quite right with reading the CD at the end of the day. I pulled out an old laptop Mac laptop running XP in bootcamp, and it was able to use TurboRip to rip an image of a disk that is playable in the SuperSD System. I'll go ahead and rip away.
Thanks everyone for your help.