Milsancho

Re: Post Your Game Bugs here.

22 Jul 2018, 12:56

RevQuixo wrote:
10 Apr 2018, 15:49

I'll try and keep a Google Sheet of issues as they are reported:

https://docs.google.com/spreadsheets/d/ ... sp=sharing
Hi,

I'm trying to catch up with this stuff, after several weeks off. Just updated to the latest firmware. May I ask, is that list the "official" one (or up-to-date)? I'm reading many reports here but you never know in the end if the per-game issues are accepted as such by the community/devs or considered misusage/bad dump.

tzakiel

27 Jul 2018, 06:13

Ane-San super cd has glitched horizontal lines near the top half of screen during gameplay. I am not sure if this is a game bug or ssds3 bug. On YouTube vids of the game I don’t see this.

Video of problem:

Stock white pce (jailbars fixed)
Original power supply
Sandisk sd card
Latest firmware 1.2
in game reset off

tzakiel

31 Jul 2018, 07:19

Ane San does the same on my duo -r with a cd, so false alarm.

fernan1234

12 Jul 2019, 03:12

RevQuixo wrote:
15 Apr 2018, 02:35
ratokcart wrote:
15 Apr 2018, 01:40
Hardware used = PC Engine CoreGrafx(PI-TG3), use rgb of ssd3

Power Supply = Stock original PSU and CD-ROM2 PSU(PAD-123)

SD Card/Format = 128GB Sandisk MicroSDXC SDSQUAR-128G-GN6MA (Exfat formatted)

CD Rips/HuCard Roms = I ripped from original PopfulMail CD(Magical Fantasy Adventure - Popful Mail [HECD4011])

IGR (In Game Reset) =off

Enable Arcade Card = Yes and No

Magical Fantasy Adventure - Popful Mail [HECD4011]
Cutscenes are broken, ranging from "corrupted graphics" to game locking up(cutscenes are skipable, at least).

This ripping image works with the Otake PC Engine Emulator(*). also it works with TurboDUO After burning this image to CDR.
*:http://www.ouma.jp/ootake/

I can validate this bug. The opening cut scene ran fine on my set-up, but the cut scene after officially starting the game started corrupting until the screen ultimately went blank (but audio was still running). Hitting "Run" took me to the overview map and I could proceed.
@neodev
Has this bug been addressed? It was a while ago. I just tried out this game on the latest firmware and board revision and it is still present. I imagine other cutscenes later in the game will have the same problem. Was looking forward to it :(

Any news on this?

neodev

13 Jul 2019, 07:17

No, not yet. It seems to be caused by some missing feature in the arcade card emulation. Can you try if disabling arcade card fixes it for you?

fernan1234

13 Jul 2019, 15:07

neodev wrote:
13 Jul 2019, 07:17
No, not yet. It seems to be caused by some missing feature in the arcade card emulation. Can you try if disabling arcade card fixes it for you?
This game is not an arcade card game or arcade card-enhanced so it is weird that an arcade card factor is involved in the bug (edit: actually it is an arcade-enhanced game). Anyway, disabling arcade card does not fix it. The other user also reported arcade card on or off did not make a difference. I do have a real arcade card... I forgot, does the SSDS3 support bypassing emulation of system card and using real system cards?
Last edited by fernan1234 on 14 Jul 2019, 01:17, edited 1 time in total.

neodev

14 Jul 2019, 00:12

Iirc, in that game, if you have an arcade card, it preloads data there so cutscene loading times are shorter. If there is no acard, it uses part of the adpcm ram as extra storage.
If you have a real card, it should disable all emulation and only the cd block will work.

fernan1234

14 Jul 2019, 01:11

neodev wrote:
14 Jul 2019, 00:12
Iirc, in that game, if you have an arcade card, it preloads data there so cutscene loading times are shorter. If there is no acard, it uses part of the adpcm ram as extra storage.
If you have a real card, it should disable all emulation and only the cd block will work.

I just tested running it with the real arcade card and the graphical glitches are still there and manifest exactly the same, with the cutscene ultimately crashing to black. Actually the game is arcade-enhanced, you're right. Unfortunately I don't have a non-arcade super system card to test, but since the glitch also happens with arcade card emulation off I would guess the result would be the same.

I started the console with the card inserted, and on the system menu pressed Run, and it loaded the game (since it was the last game loaded, I suppose?). If I did the procedure incorrectly please let me know.

EDIT: looks like this game is also a bit problematic on the madnafen emulator, though it was fixed on the accurate core: https://github.com/libretro/beetle-pce- ... -483076089

It also seems to run without much glitching on the fast core if the CPU overclock multiplier is set to 3 or more. With no multiplier the cutscene is even worse than on the SSDS3. Maybe this can give you some clues.

torlandeel

03 Aug 2019, 10:27

PCEngine model: Coregrafx

Power Supply: NEC PSU

Video cable: RGB cable (retrogaming shack)

SD card brand: Sandisk Extreme 64GB

Region modded?: no

SSDS3 revision 1, 2 or B?: B

In Game Trigger enabled in the Options menu?: OFF

Any other details specific to your setup: old fashioned son crt

Problem or Issue: It looks like my combo still has problems with arcade card games.
Fatal Fury 2 shows graphical glitches and ultimately freezes after some time (tipically no more than 10 minutes)
Art of Fighting works better, but will still crash from time to time.
Fatal Fury Special is quite stable, but I haven't played it for hours so I don't know if it's affected.
I've tried switching to another 3rd party quality PSU (that I use for MD/MCD/32X combo) and the problem persists.
It's maybe worth mentioning that my Coregrafx gets little hot in the left side of the unit, using these games. I try to give it as much air as possible, but doesn't seem to change anything. Anyway, the environment is air conditioned, so it's not event that hot.

I know you're focused on the Mega SD now, but I see this is a recurring problem for many users.
Any plan to fix it?

neodev

05 Aug 2019, 10:23

I think I found a timming issue with the arcade card emulation that seems to affect a small number of consoles (the ones that are especially noisy). I need to have a deep look at the acard processing to try to solve it and filter noise. Acard is very sensitive to glitchy accesses because address is modified every access, so if a glitch happens, thr address is mistakenly incremented and data goes to wrong positions

Return to “Super SD System 3 Tech Support”