geoffreys

When trying to run a game, just see Loading..

08 Feb 2019, 22:59

Hi there,

I hope you can help me. I just got the SSDSystem 3 and trying it right now. The menu boots fine. When I try to load a rom (hucard or cd), I get a black screen with loading.. in it and that's it. Nothing happens after that. Anyone got an idea how this happens? I got a NEC PCEngine PT-TG001, not region modded. I tried 2 different cards, but all get the same message, just black screen with Loading...

Todd
Admin

Re: When trying to run a game, just see Loading..

09 Feb 2019, 07:17

You also get that with Hucard images?

Can you take a picture of your screen?

geoffreys

09 Feb 2019, 12:34

Todd wrote:

Hi Todd, thank you for replying.

Yes, I have the Loading... with both hucards (I select Hucards from the menu) roms and CD.
Since I cannot add photo's directly here, I hope this link works: https://photos.app.goo.gl/6YXZWvxt5pAMzBX7A
The third pictures shows the loading.

[edit], I have tried 3 different kind of microsd cards so far, but without luck; Samsung 128 Evo plus (hardly boots), Sandisk extreme pro 32gb, Sandisk ultra 32GB, formatted it with exfat, but no luck. [/edit]

Best regards,
Geoffrey

Slainmonkey

11 Feb 2019, 13:37

Only game I seem to have issues playing is Dynastic Hero which crashes after you selects a slot to start the game. This is something I hope gets fixed in future updates, as it’s a pretty solid game!

Todd
Admin

11 Feb 2019, 14:51

geoffreys wrote:
09 Feb 2019, 12:34
Todd wrote:

Hi Todd, thank you for replying.

Yes, I have the Loading... with both hucards (I select Hucards from the menu) roms and CD.
Since I cannot add photo's directly here, I hope this link works: https://photos.app.goo.gl/6YXZWvxt5pAMzBX7A
The third pictures shows the loading.

[edit], I have tried 3 different kind of microsd cards so far, but without luck; Samsung 128 Evo plus (hardly boots), Sandisk extreme pro 32gb, Sandisk ultra 32GB, formatted it with exfat, but no luck. [/edit]

Best regards,
Geoffrey
I would unplug it from your PCE and carefully inspect all of the pins on your expansion port and look for any that may be damaged or bent. Then firmly reattach it to your system.

Do you by chance have access to another PCE to test the SSDS3 on?

geoffreys

19 Feb 2019, 21:16

Hi,

I tested the SSDS3 with another PC Engine, same model, and there was no problem. It seems that the problem was my model, though normal hucards and the av-switch works fine. The guy who tested it, checked the pins, but all seemed to be ok. Also after cleaning, the problem remained. And that is as far as his technical knowledge goes (which is way more than mine). The root cause of the problem remains unkown for now. He was very kind enough to get me another pc engine and now I can happily play games .

Todd
Admin

19 Feb 2019, 21:21

geoffreys wrote:
19 Feb 2019, 21:16
Hi,

I tested the SSDS3 with another PC Engine, same model, and there was no problem. It seems that the problem was my model, though normal hucards and the av-switch works fine. The guy who tested it, checked the pins, but all seemed to be ok. Also after cleaning, the problem remained. And that is as far as his technical knowledge goes (which is way more than mine). The root cause of the problem remains unkown for now. He was very kind enough to get me another pc engine and now I can happily play games .
Wow, that's an interesting one.

Let us know if you ever determine why the first PCE didn't work with it.

Return to “Super SD System 3 Tech Support”